Search found 9 matches
- 07 Jun 2022, 20:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Birth Certificate or Verification
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5074
Re: Birth Certificate or Verification
I have visited Anzano di Puglia and visited with the Lorusso family. The elder is the father, Giovanni LoRusso. Brought to Boston as an infant, but his family moved back to Anzano. Giovanni is a wonderful man, fought and was honored for his service in WWII. Spent his life as a teacher in the village ...
- 08 Jun 2021, 08:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anzano di Puglia surnames.....
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16537
Re: Anzano di Puglia surnames.....
Puopolo is my fathers grandmother's last name. And I have visited Anzano di Puglia. Augusto Solomine and his brothers own a store there, ice cream, chips, snacks, a nice little place where many villagers congregate for chatting, emailing and games.
There are still Puopolo families there, as well as ...
There are still Puopolo families there, as well as ...
- 13 Jul 2014, 21:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for relatives ABBONDELLO/ABBANDANDOLO
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11109
Re: Looking for relatives ABBONDELLO/ABBANDANDOLO
My grandfather was Giuseppe,Abbondondolo, from Taurasi. my great grandfather was Antonio Abbondandolo. Notice the vowel in the third syllable, the "a" changed to an "o" after Ellis Island. Grandpa came over with his mother, Angelina Piscopo, and siblings, and they settled in Boston.
I am now in CA ...
I am now in CA ...
- 13 Jul 2014, 20:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Do you have family from Montemiletto?
- Replies: 41
- Views: 34984
Re: Do you have family from Montemiletto?
Just got back from visiting cousins in Montemiletto....the Mottola family. My grandmother was Maria Grazia Mottola, Born in Torre Le Nocelle. She went to Boston...where she married grandpa and raised her family. Her italian family, my italian family, is still nearby, in Montefusco and Montemiletto ...
- 22 May 2012, 23:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help please - where do I start?! Valente - Cassino
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4616
Re: Help please - where do I start?! Valente - Cassino
the city is Sant'Antonino
- 17 May 2012, 16:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship -- Los Angeles
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1205
Re: Citizenship -- Los Angeles
I'm in Los Angeles and would love to pursue Italian citizenship. All 4 of my grandparents were from Italy. How do you start the process, and what do you need? Is it costly?
- 17 May 2012, 16:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help please - where do I start?! Valente - Cassino
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4616
Re: Help please - where do I start?! Valente - Cassino
try the village name San Antonio, sounds more Italian...lots of words were misspelled. "ino" sometimes indicates "small", so maybe a small village outside San Antonio. Go online, use google,see what you can find. Good luck.
- 17 May 2012, 16:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Visiting Ancestral Town
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6296
Re: Visiting Ancestral Town
Natalie:
how exciting! My sister Madeline and I are leaving to visit our ancestral town, Anzano di Puglia, May 24th. We do not speak English, and the most difficult part thus far has been making a plan to get from the Rome airport to southeast Italy, to our small mountain village. I found the ...
how exciting! My sister Madeline and I are leaving to visit our ancestral town, Anzano di Puglia, May 24th. We do not speak English, and the most difficult part thus far has been making a plan to get from the Rome airport to southeast Italy, to our small mountain village. I found the ...
- 17 May 2012, 15:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anzano di Puglia surnames.....
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16537
Re: Anzano di Puglia surnames.....
Hi guys. I'm on my way to Anzano di Puglia. My grandfather and grandmother were from there and also emigrated to Boston, where my father was born in the north end.
Here are the last names in our family:
Damiano
Puopolo
Marciello
Mastrangelo
I do not speak Italian, at least not any socially ...
Here are the last names in our family:
Damiano
Puopolo
Marciello
Mastrangelo
I do not speak Italian, at least not any socially ...