Hello all,
I'm looking for more information about the de Laurentiis family from Torella dei Lombardi, Avellino. I've traced the family back to Nicola di Lorenzo/De Laurentiis and his wife, Francesca Flore. They have the following children:
1. Isaja/Isaia (1743-1813) - this line descends to Dino de ...
Search found 34 matches
- 28 Oct 2018, 02:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DE LAURENTIIS OF TORELLA, AVELLINO
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1607
- 01 Mar 2018, 00:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What is a Zagarellato?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1188
Re: What is a Zagarellato?
Yes, I recently found the following:
ZARELLARO
'O zarellar (or zagarellaro ) was the merchant.
He usually had a small shop or a walking cart, and his trade involved **SPAM** "anything", from sweets to toys, from household items to clothes. And it is from this last sector that this name takes its ...
ZARELLARO
'O zarellar (or zagarellaro ) was the merchant.
He usually had a small shop or a walking cart, and his trade involved **SPAM** "anything", from sweets to toys, from household items to clothes. And it is from this last sector that this name takes its ...
- 28 Feb 2018, 22:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What is a Zagarellato?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1188
What is a Zagarellato?
Hi everyone,
My ancestor, Rocco Cerullo, was from Rocca San Felice, Avellino, and on his death record (1810) his occupation is noted as a Zagarellato. I've tried googling this occupation but can't find too much. A few matches pop up that connect the word with clothes, marble, and vegetables. From ...
My ancestor, Rocco Cerullo, was from Rocca San Felice, Avellino, and on his death record (1810) his occupation is noted as a Zagarellato. I've tried googling this occupation but can't find too much. A few matches pop up that connect the word with clothes, marble, and vegetables. From ...
- 07 Nov 2016, 02:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Torella dei Lombardi Look-Up -- Cona & Grieco Marriage
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2147
Re: Torella dei Lombardi Look-Up -- Cona & Grieco Marriage
Hi Suanj,
Thank you for the look-up. Unfortunately, neither of those Filomenas are my ancestor. I know that my Filomena Grieco had a father named Antonio (this was noted in one of her children's birth records). Do you have access to Torella dei Lombardi LDS marriage records? I'm hoping to locate ...
Thank you for the look-up. Unfortunately, neither of those Filomenas are my ancestor. I know that my Filomena Grieco had a father named Antonio (this was noted in one of her children's birth records). Do you have access to Torella dei Lombardi LDS marriage records? I'm hoping to locate ...
- 19 Oct 2016, 02:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Torella dei Lombardi Look-Up -- Cona & Grieco Marriage
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2147
Torella dei Lombardi Look-Up -- Cona & Grieco Marriage
To anyone who is in possession of Torella dei Lombardi, Avellino LDS microfilm,
Could you PLEASE look-up a marriage between Salvatore Cona and Filomena Grieco in abt. 1862-1863? I have been able to trace my Cona family extensively in Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, but reached a dead-end with my Grieco ...
Could you PLEASE look-up a marriage between Salvatore Cona and Filomena Grieco in abt. 1862-1863? I have been able to trace my Cona family extensively in Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, but reached a dead-end with my Grieco ...
- 16 Nov 2013, 00:33
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Agrimensore in Avellino circa 1815
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2697
Agrimensore in Avellino circa 1815
Hello there,
I have recently discovered that my 5x bisnonno, Pietrangelo Petito, was an agrimensore or land surveyor from 1813-1819 in Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Avellino. Before and after these dates he was noted as a possidente and his wife, Domenica Morrongiello, was noted as 'donna di casa'.
I ...
I have recently discovered that my 5x bisnonno, Pietrangelo Petito, was an agrimensore or land surveyor from 1813-1819 in Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi, Avellino. Before and after these dates he was noted as a possidente and his wife, Domenica Morrongiello, was noted as 'donna di casa'.
I ...
- 14 Jul 2013, 04:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Translation of Marriage/Adoption Doc.
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6961
Re: Help with Translation of Marriage/Adoption Doc.
I'm trying to translate two documents about my great grandfather, Michele Dogali, using Google translate, and have been having a few questions. I was hoping to find a bit of help from someone more familiar with Italian.
My great grandfather was born in Marcianaise Italy back in 1887, and married ...
My great grandfather was born in Marcianaise Italy back in 1887, and married ...
- 19 Sep 2012, 09:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi Don,
Thank you for the information. I'm aware that there are many Rafaniello's in Sant'Angelo so we may or may not be related. What is your grandma's name? And do you know the names of her parents?
Cheers,
Carla
Thank you for the information. I'm aware that there are many Rafaniello's in Sant'Angelo so we may or may not be related. What is your grandma's name? And do you know the names of her parents?
Cheers,
Carla
- 06 Sep 2012, 03:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi all,
I have received Rocco Pizzirusso's conscription record. It is not very detailed, however, the word 'Proietto' is noted below his name. His father is ignoto, but his mother's name, Angela Pizzirusso, is specified. Is this unusual for an orphan? This is especially confusing as she is also ...
I have received Rocco Pizzirusso's conscription record. It is not very detailed, however, the word 'Proietto' is noted below his name. His father is ignoto, but his mother's name, Angela Pizzirusso, is specified. Is this unusual for an orphan? This is especially confusing as she is also ...
- 23 Aug 2012, 10:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi Michael,
I wholeheartedly agree, it's been wonderful sharing the information I've found with my grandparents. My grandfather, in particular, has really enjoyed finding out the names of his ancestors. His maternal grandmother, Antonia Cona, actually passed away during childbirth so he never knew ...
I wholeheartedly agree, it's been wonderful sharing the information I've found with my grandparents. My grandfather, in particular, has really enjoyed finding out the names of his ancestors. His maternal grandmother, Antonia Cona, actually passed away during childbirth so he never knew ...
- 23 Aug 2012, 01:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi Michael,
First of all I would just like to thank you for undertaking this project. I have been waiting for a long time for someone like you to share information with - it's certainly felt like a lonely up hill battle till now! And I'm quite aware of the quality of the text - if it's not your own ...
First of all I would just like to thank you for undertaking this project. I have been waiting for a long time for someone like you to share information with - it's certainly felt like a lonely up hill battle till now! And I'm quite aware of the quality of the text - if it's not your own ...
- 22 Aug 2012, 08:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi Marty,
I have received mail from the Archivio di Stato di Avellino, which includes a photocopy of my ancestors army record. I am not familiar with many of the terms used and was wondering if you could translate a portion of it for me? What I want to know, primarily, is when he was first ...
I have received mail from the Archivio di Stato di Avellino, which includes a photocopy of my ancestors army record. I am not familiar with many of the terms used and was wondering if you could translate a portion of it for me? What I want to know, primarily, is when he was first ...
- 22 Aug 2012, 07:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi,
I have quite a few dates, which might take me a while to express in this message. Are there any time frames in particular you are interested in?
The last Rafaniello I found was probably born earlier than 1800. His name is Giovanni, and he is noted as the father of a Giuseppe Rafaniello, born ...
I have quite a few dates, which might take me a while to express in this message. Are there any time frames in particular you are interested in?
The last Rafaniello I found was probably born earlier than 1800. His name is Giovanni, and he is noted as the father of a Giuseppe Rafaniello, born ...
- 12 Aug 2012, 04:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Thank you once again Marty. I will contact them today.
As for Rocco Antonio Ferrantino, there was an index within the LDS records. However, the whole film was out of focus so it could not be read.
Thank you for letting me know sjwilly. I will be visiting Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi in a few years ...
As for Rocco Antonio Ferrantino, there was an index within the LDS records. However, the whole film was out of focus so it could not be read.
Thank you for letting me know sjwilly. I will be visiting Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi in a few years ...
- 11 Aug 2012, 01:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
- Replies: 47
- Views: 64077
Re: Pizzirusso and Rafaniello from Sant'Angelo dei Lombardi
Hi Marty,
Thank you for the information. I'm now quite intrigued to know who the father actually was of Rocco Pizzirusso. Is there any way of checking this? Would it be mentioned on the civil birth records? Also, is there any other way of finding more information about Rocco Antonio Ferrantino ...
Thank you for the information. I'm now quite intrigued to know who the father actually was of Rocco Pizzirusso. Is there any way of checking this? Would it be mentioned on the civil birth records? Also, is there any other way of finding more information about Rocco Antonio Ferrantino ...