Search found 7 matches

by dsthompson
25 Jul 2012, 08:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: grandmother's birth certificate
Replies: 13
Views: 9897

Re: grandmother's birth certificate

Hello! I am Vincenzo and Antonia's great-granddaughter, Dianna. Rocco, your uncle, was my grandfather.
by dsthompson
24 Jul 2012, 09:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dangoia
Replies: 36
Views: 31211

Re: Dangoia

I just found Vincenzo's death certificate. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NQ3P-BVW. His parents were Pasquale Dangoia and Maria Carmine Marina.
by dsthompson
24 Jul 2012, 09:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dangoia
Replies: 36
Views: 31211

Re: Dangoia

Tiffany, I am really sorry to tell you that my mother doesn't have any answers for you. I actually have told her a lot more than she knew. She didn't know her grandfather's name was Vincenzo, or that her grandmother's maiden name was Laurenzana, or even where in Italy they came from. I found the ...
by dsthompson
18 Jul 2012, 07:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dangoia
Replies: 36
Views: 31211

Re: Dangoia

I know there was definitely Aunt Lucy and Aunt Rosie, so I'm sure that's Rosina and Lucia. Pasquale would be Uncle Pat. These were my mom's aunts and uncle. I know that Antonia, my great-grandmother, was really mean and used to chase the kids around with a broom. She adored my grandpa, Rocco. He was ...
by dsthompson
17 Jul 2012, 19:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dangoia
Replies: 36
Views: 31211

Re: Dangoia

Tiffany, after I sent you that message, I realized that "Antoinette" must be Antonia. I will ask my mother if she knows any of that information, or knows who might. Unfortunately, my grandfather, Rocco, died when I was only 7. I do know he was the youngest of several children, and I believe that ...
by dsthompson
17 Jul 2012, 08:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dangoia
Replies: 36
Views: 31211

Re: Dangoia

Andy, we are probably related, then. My mother is Beverly Dongory, of South Chicago Heights, daughter of Rocco Dongory, who is the son of Antoinette Dangoia.
by dsthompson
17 Jul 2012, 07:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dangoia
Replies: 36
Views: 31211

Re: Dangoia

My mother's maiden name was Dongory, originally spelled Dangoia. My grandfather's name was Rocco. I know that his mother's name was Antoinette. They lived in Chicago Heights, which is a south suburb of Chicago. I would be happy to find out more for you, but I know that you posted this a long time ...