Thank you Biff.
Frances
Search found 25 matches
- 05 Jan 2016, 01:39
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Occupation for women in Bronte 1906
- Replies: 2
- Views: 16741
- 04 Jan 2016, 23:08
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Occupation for women in Bronte 1906
- Replies: 2
- Views: 16741
Occupation for women in Bronte 1906
Hello,
My grandmother's marriage record listed that she was Giuseppa Mirenda, age 21, manufacturer [industriosa], born in Bronte.
Can anyone tell me what type of "industry" this would have been - year was 1906 at time of marriage.
My grandfather was listed as contradino - which I know was farmer ...
My grandmother's marriage record listed that she was Giuseppa Mirenda, age 21, manufacturer [industriosa], born in Bronte.
Can anyone tell me what type of "industry" this would have been - year was 1906 at time of marriage.
My grandfather was listed as contradino - which I know was farmer ...
- 03 Jan 2016, 02:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Re: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
Thank you Tessa, I am working on getting the entire image of Umberto's birth record. Again thank you so much for your assistance.
Regards, Frances
Regards, Frances
- 03 Jan 2016, 01:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Tree Matches
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4320
Re: Family Tree Matches
Marty,
Your attention to this is greatly appreciated. I did not realize that there was a local family research center (actually there are several where I live in CT). I plan on visiting one of them as soon as I can this week. I will look at the other links and familiarize myself with the research ...
Your attention to this is greatly appreciated. I did not realize that there was a local family research center (actually there are several where I live in CT). I plan on visiting one of them as soon as I can this week. I will look at the other links and familiarize myself with the research ...
- 02 Jan 2016, 21:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Re: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
Livio,
Attached are two documents. One is the certificate of birth of Umberto that I received from the official in Bronte. The other is a photo image taken of the side notation of Umberto's birth record. I cannot find the image of the entire record.
http://s19.postimg.org/aqqor7arj/IMG_0699.jpg ...
Attached are two documents. One is the certificate of birth of Umberto that I received from the official in Bronte. The other is a photo image taken of the side notation of Umberto's birth record. I cannot find the image of the entire record.
http://s19.postimg.org/aqqor7arj/IMG_0699.jpg ...
- 02 Jan 2016, 21:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Tree Matches
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4320
Re: Family Tree Matches
Marty this information is helpful. So that I understand, I am looking for a birth record for Umberto Leanza born June 16, 1906 in Bronte. The link that you sent is one that I have gone to in the past and it does not have any birth records for the year 1906 UNLESS hopefully I am missing something. I ...
- 02 Jan 2016, 17:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Re: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
I am so intrigued as to how you found this information so quickly, what documents are you looking at? thank you Frances
- 02 Jan 2016, 16:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Re: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
Livio, Yes that is what is confusing because the birth record of Umberto listed both parents. If the side note states mother unknown, does that mean that Vincenzio fathered the child with "a different woman" ? Thank you Frances
- 02 Jan 2016, 16:14
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Re: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
Thank you Livio. Were you able to see the original birth record of Umberto? I would love to be able to see that. Or, can you tell me how you found this info? Thank you, Frances
- 02 Jan 2016, 14:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Re: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
Thank you Tessa, What does it mean "mother unknown (in the register) Does this mean that Giusseppa Mirenda is not Umberto's biological mother? I guess I will try to find Umberto's italian birth certificate. I did receive a birth record for him while in Bronte and it lists both Vincenzo and Giusseppa ...
- 01 Jan 2016, 21:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Tree Matches
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4320
Re: Family Tree Matches
Marty, that is amazing and exciting! How are you finding these records. I too have been to the familysearch site and there are many named Leanza the one above is definitely related. Is there an index that you are using? I am amazed that you found two of my family records in record time...
Thank you ...
Thank you ...
- 01 Jan 2016, 21:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Tree Matches
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4320
Re: Family Tree Matches
Marty, that is amazing and exciting! How are you finding these records. I too have been to the familysearch site and there are many named Leanza the one above is definitely related. Is there an index that you are using? I am amazed that you found two of my family records in record time...
Thank you ...
Thank you ...
- 01 Jan 2016, 15:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family Tree Matches
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4320
Re: Family Tree Matches
I have tried but have not had a response from him
- 01 Jan 2016, 02:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Same person or two different people?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1254
Re: Same person or two different people?
It was common practice that when a child died to give the next child born the same name. Allow me to suggest that you look for a death and birth record for the first child during the specified time frame of his/her birth and the next child's birth. Good luck
- 31 Dec 2015, 23:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3784
Leanza - Mirenda Marriage Record Bronte
Hello forum members,
I took this photo when I visited Bronte Town Hall. It is a record of my grandparents marriage. I would love to be able to have an exact (or close to) translation of it. I know that it states that a son (Umberto) was born prior to the marriage. Any help would be greatly ...
I took this photo when I visited Bronte Town Hall. It is a record of my grandparents marriage. I would love to be able to have an exact (or close to) translation of it. I know that it states that a son (Umberto) was born prior to the marriage. Any help would be greatly ...