Good morning,
I have translated the names, dates and places on this marriage publication record, but am having a tough time with the notes at the bottom. I was told that Francesco, the father, was in prison at this time, and the mother not to be found. Can anyone help to translate the notes part ...
Search found 10 matches
- 20 Mar 2017, 14:28
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Reading the notes on a marriage record
- Replies: 1
- Views: 664
- 14 Sep 2015, 22:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with birth record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1067
Re: Help with birth record
Thank you so much! It says exactly what I thought! Pietrangelo and Giovanna are my 4 x great grandparents, and this was just confirmed here! 
- 14 Sep 2015, 21:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with birth record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1067
Help with birth record
Hello everyone,
I don't ask for help much anymore, I very rarely find anything new, and try to translate myself mostly, but need help with this one! I may have found another 1 or two generations back on my dad's side, but want to be sure I am reading it right, before I contact a potential new cousin ...
I don't ask for help much anymore, I very rarely find anything new, and try to translate myself mostly, but need help with this one! I may have found another 1 or two generations back on my dad's side, but want to be sure I am reading it right, before I contact a potential new cousin ...
- 12 Feb 2015, 19:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: At a dead end... with Giovanni Martino
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1405
Re: At a dead end... with Giovanni Martino
Thanks, that's exciting! I gave up my Ancestry membership though, so I can't access it, is there anything else I should know, or is there somewhere else I can see it? Thank you so much, I haven't been able to find anything about him!
Brenda
Brenda
- 09 Feb 2015, 20:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: At a dead end... with Giovanni Martino
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1405
Re: At a dead end... with Giovanni Martino
Thank you, that more than likely is him.... I believe I transcribed the birth record from Italian myself, so may have got the birth date wrong. Everything else fits though...sadly, divorced and unemployed, I wonder if I'll ever find out what happened to him.
Thanks for looking for me!
Brenda
Thanks for looking for me!
Brenda
- 09 Feb 2015, 15:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: At a dead end... with Giovanni Martino
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1405
At a dead end... with Giovanni Martino
Good morning. By chance yesterday I found my grandfather's brother, who I have not had anything on, except his birth record from Calvi Risorta.
He came to the US sometime after 1900, got married in Boston in 1907, then has just disappeared. :(
I know this:
Giovanni Olindo Amilcare Martino b. 27 ...
He came to the US sometime after 1900, got married in Boston in 1907, then has just disappeared. :(
I know this:
Giovanni Olindo Amilcare Martino b. 27 ...
- 09 Feb 2015, 15:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for family history in US papers.
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2015
Re: Looking for family history in US papers.
You can try Chronicling America. They do have free newspaper archives, but in my experience, most of the time searching for an Italian surname will bring up an Italian newspaper.... worth a look though! 
- 25 May 2013, 22:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of death record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1246
Translation of death record
http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=1893&iid=31752_221150-01728&fn=&ln=&st=d&pid=null&noredir=true
Can anyone help me with this death record? Top right. I have become somewhat familiar with the wording of birth and marriage records, but death records are still beyond me! I believe I ...
Can anyone help me with this death record? Top right. I have become somewhat familiar with the wording of birth and marriage records, but death records are still beyond me! I believe I ...
- 20 May 2013, 20:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with birth record please!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1668
Re: Help with birth record please!
Paola,
Thank you, thank you!!! This gives me one more generation back in my family, something I never thought I would find!!
Casto is the second Casto in our family- actually, he's the first. My grandfather was named Casto, and this Casto in this record would have been his great grandfather. Very ...
Thank you, thank you!!! This gives me one more generation back in my family, something I never thought I would find!!
Casto is the second Casto in our family- actually, he's the first. My grandfather was named Casto, and this Casto in this record would have been his great grandfather. Very ...
- 19 May 2013, 14:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with birth record please!
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1668
Help with birth record please!
http://interactive.ancestry.com/1893/31752_221150-02024/272044?backurl=http%3a%2f%2fsearch.ancestry.com%2fcgi-bin%2fsse.dll%3fdb%3dcasertacivil%26h%3d272044%26ti%3d0%26indiv%3dtry%26gss%3dpt%26ssrc%3dpt_t21860257_p18190422340_kpidz0q3d18190422340z0q26pgz0q3d32768z0q26pgplz0q3dpid&ssrc=pt_t21860257 ...