I will contact youfamilytree2015 wrote:I am lupi they originated from Tuscany and have several royal lines renound family through centuries , interested to know which branch you are from. email opendoorannina71@hotmail.co.uk
Search found 5 matches
- 18 Aug 2015, 15:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lastname Lupi
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7997
Re: Lastname Lupi
- 18 Aug 2015, 14:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lastname Lupi
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7997
Re: Lastname Lupi
Katerinaki is a typical (100%) Cretan first name which translates to "Little Kathryn". You inherited is from your Mother's family, so you can be sure, your mother's family was from Crete. Loupos was also a Greek name some 2000 years ago, before the Venetians adopted it around 1200. Venetians ...
- 18 Aug 2015, 13:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lastname Lupi
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7997
Re: Lastname Lupi
Thanks all for your answers.
I haven't logged in for more than a year,so sorry for replying so late.
I will check all the records that Filmways suggested(Special thanks for all the sources you provided).
I myself don't think that we are of noble ancestry in any way.I was just curious about the ...
I haven't logged in for more than a year,so sorry for replying so late.
I will check all the records that Filmways suggested(Special thanks for all the sources you provided).
I myself don't think that we are of noble ancestry in any way.I was just curious about the ...
- 29 May 2013, 20:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lastname Lupi
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7997
Re: Lastname Lupi
Thanks to both of you :)
I checked the site that you recommended,and it's funny how there are so many of them.
In Greece they are not even close to 100 people,and they exist mainly in the Peloponnese,Rhodes,Kalymnos,Crete and Athens.
My idea is that probably because Crete and Rhodes,were colonies ...
I checked the site that you recommended,and it's funny how there are so many of them.
In Greece they are not even close to 100 people,and they exist mainly in the Peloponnese,Rhodes,Kalymnos,Crete and Athens.
My idea is that probably because Crete and Rhodes,were colonies ...
- 28 May 2013, 20:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Lastname Lupi
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7997
Lastname Lupi
Hello i'm originally from Greece.My mother's lastname is Lupi.My great grand father said that our ancestors come from Italy,but he didn't know from which part of Italy.Two months ago a couple called my grandparents,from Crete.They found their number from the yellow pages,asking them if they had any ...