That was quick! Thank you very much, Biff.
Marion
Search found 23 matches
- 27 May 2020, 22:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carugate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 719
- 27 May 2020, 19:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carugate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 719
Carugate
Would someone please provide me with the correct email address for requesting birth, marriage, and death information for relatives from Carugate, Italy. I see that Carugate is near or maybe part of Milan now.
Thank you very much,
Marion
Thank you very much,
Marion
- 02 May 2020, 19:21
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale #2 Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3211
Re: Deprale #2 Italy
I'n sorry, Ugo. I didn't notice that you had responded instead of Pippo. I am gradually learning the terms for various places e.g. comune, hamlet etc. Thank you for the tip.
Stay healthy.
Marion
Stay healthy.
Marion
- 02 May 2020, 04:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale #2 Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3211
Re: Deprale #2 Italy
Hi Pippo,
It is helpful to know that Gallarate and Besnate were in the province of Milano in 1910. The reference to Milano now makes sense.
I will keep the comune name Frazione in mind as I try to identify where my Great Grandma (Assunta Bassani) lived. In previous communication 05/Aug/2016 from ...
It is helpful to know that Gallarate and Besnate were in the province of Milano in 1910. The reference to Milano now makes sense.
I will keep the comune name Frazione in mind as I try to identify where my Great Grandma (Assunta Bassani) lived. In previous communication 05/Aug/2016 from ...
- 29 Apr 2020, 22:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale #2 Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3211
Re: Deprale #2 Italy
Thank you very much, Pippo, for providing the website that includes a list of towns that I can check and for letting me know about Monza and Brianza. I did not know about that history. The information will be very helpful.
Thank you, too, for providing your email address. If I am stuck again I will ...
Thank you, too, for providing your email address. If I am stuck again I will ...
- 29 Apr 2020, 05:10
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale #2 Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3211
Re: Deprale #2 Italy
I have a piece of paper with the my Great Grandma's Passport information written in English. It is likely that the information was copied into English which has created the interpretation problem I am encountering.
At the bottom it says:
Taken at Gallarate - March 7, 1910
signed, Mayor Seona (I ...
At the bottom it says:
Taken at Gallarate - March 7, 1910
signed, Mayor Seona (I ...
- 28 Apr 2020, 20:36
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale #2 Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3211
Deprale #2 Italy
Hi Pippo,
I am not sure how to close a previous Forum. Per your instructions, I started a new topic with the "#2" added to the subject line and tried to add an attachment. I hope this works.
The attachment is a small section of the handwritten Passport to which I was referring. If you need to see ...
I am not sure how to close a previous Forum. Per your instructions, I started a new topic with the "#2" added to the subject line and tried to add an attachment. I hope this works.
The attachment is a small section of the handwritten Passport to which I was referring. If you need to see ...
- 27 Apr 2020, 22:28
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale, Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2648
Re: Deprale, Italy
Hi Pippo,
It looks like I was successful in sending you a private message with an attached document that includes 4 lines of the passport with the town name where my relative resided. Please let me know if the private message option worked.
Thanks very much.
It looks like I was successful in sending you a private message with an attached document that includes 4 lines of the passport with the town name where my relative resided. Please let me know if the private message option worked.
Thanks very much.
- 26 Apr 2020, 01:10
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale, Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2648
Re: Deprale, Italy
Hi Pippo,
I have been trying to figure out how to post an image to this forum but so far I haven't been successful. The document is not on a public webserver.
I scanned the area of the document that contains the town name and took a screenshot of the scan. That's as far as I have been able to ...
I have been trying to figure out how to post an image to this forum but so far I haven't been successful. The document is not on a public webserver.
I scanned the area of the document that contains the town name and took a screenshot of the scan. That's as far as I have been able to ...
- 24 Apr 2020, 20:30
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Deprale, Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2648
Deprale, Italy
Can anyone direct me to the location of a town in northern Italy that is very likely spelled "DEPRALE"? I have a copy of a handwritten passport for my Great Grandmother signed by the Mayor of Gallarate, Italy in 1910 with an official stamp. The writing is very easy to read and, when comparing each ...
- 03 Aug 2016, 01:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crippa family - Besnate area
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8685
Re: Crippa family - Besnate area
Thank you Lindsey. Yes, that is my great grandfather. Actually, I had already found the Ellis Island information to which you refer. Different spellings certainly can create a challenge. My brick wall is mainly in Italy likely due to many records being stored in churches or community offices and not ...
- 05 Oct 2014, 01:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crippa family - Besnate area
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8685
Re: Crippa family - Besnate area
Thanks once again, Paola. It is helpful to know the correct spelling of my Great Grandfather's first name. Yes, I will follow up with the address that you provided for the comune (Gallarate). It does sound as if it will be a little more complicated when it comes time to contact a parish for ...
- 04 Oct 2014, 20:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crippa family - Besnate area
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8685
Re: Crippa family - Besnate area
Very interesting information, Paola. Yes, if my very minimal understanding of Italian is correct, it looks like the reason for issuing this document was for the internal use of the Italian Consolute ("interno del Consolato d"Italia in Vancouver").
Family stories have always said that my Grandma ...
Family stories have always said that my Grandma ...
- 02 Oct 2014, 22:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crippa family - Besnate area
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8685
Re: Crippa family - Besnate area
Hi Paola,
Thank you for your reply. I, too, have been busy and away, thus just recently noticed your last message. No, there was no reason given for my Grandma's (Teresa) records to be missing from the office where her sister's (Ernesta) were found.
In the meantime, a relative gave me a copy of my ...
Thank you for your reply. I, too, have been busy and away, thus just recently noticed your last message. No, there was no reason given for my Grandma's (Teresa) records to be missing from the office where her sister's (Ernesta) were found.
In the meantime, a relative gave me a copy of my ...
- 15 May 2014, 05:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crippa family - Besnate area
- Replies: 25
- Views: 8685
Re: Crippa family - Besnate area
Hello Paola & Marty,
I wanted to let you know that I just received a reply from the first address that you gave to me in January.
Comune di Jerago con Orago - Demosocioculturale <demosocioculturale@comune.jeragoconorago.va.it>
It sounds as if they did "careful archival research" and located my ...
I wanted to let you know that I just received a reply from the first address that you gave to me in January.
Comune di Jerago con Orago - Demosocioculturale <demosocioculturale@comune.jeragoconorago.va.it>
It sounds as if they did "careful archival research" and located my ...