Hi there,
I actually have done this as well (using the white pages to contact potential cousins) and I have also had great success. I also sent a copy of the photo that I had and I was lucky enough to find first cousins!!! I've visited them twice in Sicily so far.
Good luck...just be patient and ...
Search found 4 matches
- 12 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What Are The Chances?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8979
- 12 Sep 2007, 17:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cinquegrani family, Castelbuono, Sicily
- Replies: 5
- Views: 9147
Re: Cinquegrani family, Castelbuono, Sicily
Hi, Unfortunately I can't help you with your surname search, but my family is also from Castelbuono (last name of Mercanti) and my wife and I just visited my cousins there over the summer. It is a beautiful little town and to me, sort of embodies what I always thought Italy would be. Very picturesqe ...
- 16 Jun 2005, 23:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brillo...any ideas?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3426
Brillo...any ideas?
Hi Everyone...
I'm looking for any information on the name Brillo. This was my great-grandmother's last name. She was born in Catania Sicily in 1873, and married Emanuele Russo (from S. Agusta) in 1889.
Her (Romea Birllo) parents were Luigi Brillo and Adelaide Salvatore. I do not know where they ...
I'm looking for any information on the name Brillo. This was my great-grandmother's last name. She was born in Catania Sicily in 1873, and married Emanuele Russo (from S. Agusta) in 1889.
Her (Romea Birllo) parents were Luigi Brillo and Adelaide Salvatore. I do not know where they ...
- 28 Mar 2003, 14:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mercanti, Russo, Brillo, Salvatore, Tringal....All in Sicily
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4952
Mercanti, Russo, Brillo, Salvatore, Tringal....All in Sicily
Hi everyone! I'm looking for information on a variety of names. First Mercanti...this is my grandmother's last name. She emmigrated from Castelbuono Sicily in 1920. She had one brother who came to the states in 1907, and two sisters (last names Bonomo and Nicoletti) who stayed in Sicily. Russo ...