Search found 10 matches
- 25 Sep 2014, 17:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help determining Birth Town
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2443
Re: Help determining Birth Town
You know that could be, they aren't that far away after all. I think I will take a look at the Palermo records. Couldn't hurt right? Thanks!:)
- 25 Sep 2014, 17:00
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help determining Birth Town
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2443
Re: Help determining Birth Town
Thanks for the link! According to his Declaration of Intent he arrived 4/01/1903. It says he left from Palermo but doesn't give the port he arrived in. Haven't been able to track down his ship manifest yet.
As far as I know he came alone when he was a teenager. He never naturalized but did do the ...
As far as I know he came alone when he was a teenager. He never naturalized but did do the ...
- 25 Sep 2014, 16:38
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Help determining Birth Town
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2443
Help determining Birth Town
I am trying to figure out what town my G-G Grandfather (Charles Leonardo Mormino) was born in. I posted on this site before and all of you were so helpful I thought I would see if you could help me with my newest problem. (Here is a link to the previous post, lots of great American documents were ...
- 11 Sep 2014, 14:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Re: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
Thank you so much suanj! I didn't even know that site existed.
- 10 Sep 2014, 22:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Re: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
If you think his birth town is Termini Imerese try the Family History Library Films of Registri dello stato civile di Termini Imerese (Palermo), 1820-1910 for rent viewing and copying
FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator
ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https ...
FAMILY HISTORY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator
ORDERING FILMS FROM FHL
https ...
- 10 Sep 2014, 22:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Re: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
The Charles Mormino I came across in the 1910 census arrived in the USA in 1909 at age 23, single and residing as a boarder in Norman Minnesota. He gave his estimated birth as 1887. I was unable to go further with regard to his entry since even Castlegarden.org has been taken over by MY HERITAGE ...
- 10 Sep 2014, 22:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Re: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
Welcome to IG website
Charley Mormino United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Charley Mormino
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Chicago City no 39, Illinois, United States
Gender: Male
Nationality: Italy
Birth Date: 08 Sep ...
Charley Mormino United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Charley Mormino
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Chicago City no 39, Illinois, United States
Gender: Male
Nationality: Italy
Birth Date: 08 Sep ...
- 10 Sep 2014, 22:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Re: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
Welcome to the forum!
Can you post the death record for us, and provide some additional information?
Maybe we can find some records for you in US to determine that Termini is his exact place of birth.
Did he always reside in Illinois?
Did he marry in US or Italy? What was the name of his wife ...
Can you post the death record for us, and provide some additional information?
Maybe we can find some records for you in US to determine that Termini is his exact place of birth.
Did he always reside in Illinois?
Did he marry in US or Italy? What was the name of his wife ...
- 10 Sep 2014, 22:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Re: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
hi
by naturalization seeming born in Termini Imerese:
Record Details for Volume 159
Page Number: 476
Declaration Number: 78076
FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION
CHARLES MORMINO TEAMSTER ( maybe Calogero Mormino also possible italian name...normally the sicilians changed the first name ...
by naturalization seeming born in Termini Imerese:
Record Details for Volume 159
Page Number: 476
Declaration Number: 78076
FIRST NAME LAST NAME OCCUPATION
CHARLES MORMINO TEAMSTER ( maybe Calogero Mormino also possible italian name...normally the sicilians changed the first name ...
- 10 Sep 2014, 16:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
- Replies: 15
- Views: 5509
Help Finding Birth Record For Charles (Carlo) Mormino
I am attempting to find a birth record for my Great-Great Grandfather Charles (Carlo) Leonardo Mormino. According to his death certificate (from IL in 1935) he was born in Termini Imerese around 1890 (although other documents point to anywhere between 1887-1890). The handwriting on the record is ...