Search found 5 matches

by jerseygirlar
08 Aug 2015, 16:31
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help deciphering if this is the correct birth certificate of my ancestor?
Replies: 1
Views: 892

Help deciphering if this is the correct birth certificate of my ancestor?

This is a link to information about my great-great grandfather of whom I want to claim Italian citizenship. Of course to do that I need his birth certificate. However, I have found a link to the supposed birth certificate online and I'm having trouble viewing it. I wonder if anyone else is able too ...
by jerseygirlar
11 Feb 2015, 19:27
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help deciphering the name my Italian ancestor was born in?
Replies: 6
Views: 1456

Re: Help deciphering the name my Italian ancestor was born i

Well I don't know if he had brothers but he did name his son Francesco (Frank), so he might have name him after his brother. His exact birthdate is the seventh of November 1883. His wife's maiden name is Anna Di Paolo. He went by Joseph when he settled in the US and he lived in Philadelphia the rest ...
by jerseygirlar
11 Feb 2015, 15:05
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help deciphering the name my Italian ancestor was born in?
Replies: 6
Views: 1456

Re: Help deciphering the name my Italian ancestor was born i

Okay my ancestor's name is Guiseppe Amari born in 1883. I found the ship log on ancestry.com, but haven't found it anywhere else.
The link is here: http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=nypl&h=4032192103&ti=0&indiv=try&gss=pt&ssrc=pt_t68177492_p34360426585 ...
by jerseygirlar
10 Feb 2015, 23:19
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help deciphering the name my Italian ancestor was born in?
Replies: 6
Views: 1456

Help deciphering the name my Italian ancestor was born in?

So I've recently found the passenger list that my great great grandfather is listed on. His last known residence is listed but the words are hard to make out. I've been told via my grandmother that he was from Teremo, Abruzzo, Italy. However, I need a to get a copy of his birth certificate, his wife ...
by jerseygirlar
10 Feb 2015, 23:07
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Italian citizenship eligibility?
Replies: 2
Views: 1137

Italian citizenship eligibility?

My great-great grandfather, Giuseppe, was an Italian immigrant who came to the US in 1905 and was naturalized in 1928. My great grandfather, Frank, was born in the US in 1908 way before my great grandfather had renounced his Italian citizenship which did not happen until 1928 when he became ...