My great-grandmother's occupation is listed as "artisan" (around 1860). What are the things that she might be doing as an artisan?
Thanks for any help.
Marianne D
Search found 25 matches
- 04 Oct 2015, 09:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: artisan
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2413
- 18 Aug 2015, 18:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Message to Dad
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1134
Message to Dad
Hello again,
This is the second and last of a photo with a message on the reverse. If you could let me know just what this says I would very much appreciate your help!
Marianne De Palma
This is the second and last of a photo with a message on the reverse. If you could let me know just what this says I would very much appreciate your help!
Marianne De Palma
- 18 Aug 2015, 18:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Message on reverse of photo
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1086
Message on reverse of photo
Hello!
I have very little that is written by my father's sisters, but here is a message on the reverse of a photograph and I was hoping someone could give me a translation. Thanks for your help!
Marianne De Palma
I have very little that is written by my father's sisters, but here is a message on the reverse of a photograph and I was hoping someone could give me a translation. Thanks for your help!
Marianne De Palma
- 11 Aug 2015, 19:06
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: 18 Regiment Fantera
- Replies: 2
- Views: 12834
18 Regiment Fantera
Does anyone have any information about this branch of the Italian army ca. 1905-1907? Thanks for any help!
Marianne De Palma
Marianne De Palma
- 02 Aug 2015, 06:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Prisoner of War? in Michigan?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2765
Re: Prisoner of War? in Michigan?
I will post it soon
- 01 Aug 2015, 18:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Prisoner of War? in Michigan?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2765
Re: Prisoner of War? in Michigan?
Tessa and Biff...thank you so much! The links were filled with great information. All of this fits with what I was told and it's all going in the "file" which I am creating trying to give information about many of the family stories. In addition to the photo which shows everyone in a camp of some ...
- 27 Jul 2015, 22:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help finding my ancestors
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1281
Re: Need help finding my ancestors
My father was from San Bartolomeo in Galdo, Benevento, Campania --- don't know if there is a Galdo connection!
Marianne De Palma
Marianne De Palma
- 27 Jul 2015, 21:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Prisoner of War? in Michigan?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2765
Prisoner of War? in Michigan?
Hello, hoping someone can help with this. I have a photo that shows family members with two men in uniform with part of a patch on their left arms and I can see the letters ITAL on it so I am wondering if these two were prisoners of war or possibly non-USA citizens being held. They are all standing ...
- 07 Jul 2015, 21:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colatruglio
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2667
Re: Colatruglio
Marty
I haven't heard anything yet --
Should I re-send, or is this too soon?
Thanks.
Marianne
I haven't heard anything yet --
Should I re-send, or is this too soon?
Thanks.
Marianne
- 27 Apr 2015, 06:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Name / American Name
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1448
Re: Italian Name / American Name
Is the birth certificate from Italy enough documentation? It contains all the other information except the translation of his first names.
- 27 Apr 2015, 02:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Name / American Name
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1448
Italian Name / American Name
Hello, I hope this isn't a poor question but if someone is named GIUSEPPE FRANCESCO but when he arrived in the US as an adult became known as Frank Joseph (same surname for both versions), is this enough to prove it is the same person???? Of course I do know he is the same person but would my word ...
- 24 Apr 2015, 18:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colatruglio
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2667
Re: Colatruglio
Marty
Thank you! I just emailed the request. When I hear anything I will post.
Marianne De Palma
Thank you! I just emailed the request. When I hear anything I will post.
Marianne De Palma
- 23 Apr 2015, 20:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Luisa's last name?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1193
Re: Luisa's last name?
Thank you very much!!
- 23 Apr 2015, 20:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Luisa's last name?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1193
Luisa's last name?
Attached (I hope) is marriage certificate for my grandparents. I am not certain about Luisa's last name, not sure whether first letter is a P. I'd like to know the spelling of her last name. She is the mother of the groom. Thank you for your help!
Marianne De Palma
Marianne De Palma
- 23 Apr 2015, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colatruglio
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2667
Re: Colatruglio
Thank you for replying. I do not have a copy of the marriage act. The only thing I do have is a portion of my father's birth certificate which has her name on it. That, and the fact that my father told me her name. I don't know how to attach anything to this mail. My father was Giuseppe Francesco De ...