Has anyone heard of this organization or know where I can find out more about it?
thank you
Elaine
Search found 9 matches
- 16 Jul 2003, 16:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Barber Society of Boston
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4969
- 27 Jun 2003, 15:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: children on the SS Calcutta in 1857 to Boston
- Replies: 1
- Views: 4700
children on the SS Calcutta in 1857 to Boston
While searching for my great grandfather, Sylvestro FILAMONDO on the Passenger lists to Boston (1820-1891) I found lots of young children on the ship SS Calcutta arriving on Aug 6 1857. The children are mostly young, under 5 with the last name FIGLIO, several Rosa's, age 2. Does anyone know why ...
- 04 Jun 2003, 14:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: a few more lines from birth record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 9971
thank you
Maurizio and Peter thanks to both of you for your efforts. I really appreciate it.
Elaine
Elaine
- 03 Jun 2003, 17:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: a few more lines from birth record
- Replies: 6
- Views: 9971
a few more lines from birth record
http://groups.msn.com/Shuman/genealogy.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14
I have most of the words on these 2 lines, but there are a few that are stumping me. Here is what I have so far.
First line
original undersigned informant Pasqualina Santosuosso (midwife)
Second line
reason she is ...
I have most of the words on these 2 lines, but there are a few that are stumping me. Here is what I have so far.
First line
original undersigned informant Pasqualina Santosuosso (midwife)
Second line
reason she is ...
- 03 Jun 2003, 14:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need word translated from 1872 birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7178
thank you Peter
Elaine
- 02 Jun 2003, 17:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: need word translated from 1872 birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7178
need word translated from 1872 birth record
http://groups.msn.com/Shuman/genealogy. ... PhotoID=13
Can anyone tell me what this word is and what it means? See link to gif.
thanks
Elaine
Can anyone tell me what this word is and what it means? See link to gif.
thanks
Elaine
- 26 Apr 2003, 18:18
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Taurasi Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8432
Taurasi online
Thank you. I'm able to read the page using Google's translation tool.
Elaine
Elaine
- 25 Apr 2003, 15:02
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Taurasi Italy
- Replies: 5
- Views: 8432
Taurasi Italy
I can locate Taurasi on a map. What I would like is to know some history of the town especially in the mid 1800's. Does anyone know of some good historical sketches of this town or area? My g grandfather emigrated from this town as a boy in 1880.
thanks
Elaine
thanks
Elaine
- 24 Apr 2003, 15:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: 1880 ships to Boston from Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 19652
1880 ships to Boston from Italy
According to my g grandfather's naturalization papers he arrived in Boston on Sept 8 1880. He would have been 8 years old (born Dec 1872). I checked with the Mass archives for ships that came in on this day and they said none came from Italy. I have heard that the last name FILAMOND is not his real ...