Thank you for the clarification.
Yes, this is the birth certificate of my great, great grandfather. He was abandoned at birth.
Thanks,
Dave
Search found 11 matches
- 27 May 2015, 13:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
- 21 May 2015, 15:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
Livio, thank you! Great job!
What does nat da mean after the hand written paragraph?
Dave
What does nat da mean after the hand written paragraph?
Dave
- 21 May 2015, 00:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
Mary, I added your translation to mine and have pasted it here. How does it look? Some of it flows nicely - other parts, not so much. Thank you!
The year one thousand eight hundred forty-three of the twenty-ninth of the month of January at eighteen ahead of us , Domenico Villa Mayor and an officer ...
The year one thousand eight hundred forty-three of the twenty-ninth of the month of January at eighteen ahead of us , Domenico Villa Mayor and an officer ...
- 20 May 2015, 21:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
WOW! Thank you Mary! I have translated most of the rest with Google translate. I plan on posting my translated portion here as well once complete. Maybe you could look it over and see if it makes sense?
THANK YOU AGAIN!
Dave
THANK YOU AGAIN!
Dave
- 19 May 2015, 12:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
Ahh, never mind. I just researched what foundling wheel means. Thank you! Is that information in the hand written paragraph?
- 19 May 2015, 12:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
Thank you. What do you mean by the foundling wheel?
- 19 May 2015, 01:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
From what I can translate, there is no mother or father listed due to the baby being abandoned.
Thank you for helping!
Thank you for helping!
- 19 May 2015, 00:39
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
Thank you. I would appreciate any translation you can offer. The end result will be word for word, but for now, I welcome any input.
Thanks,
Dave
Thanks,
Dave
- 18 May 2015, 23:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
I added a link here: www.dmdione.com/cert.jpg
- 18 May 2015, 23:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
Re: * Italian to English translation help!!
I did, but I don't see it here. I will try again.
Thanks
Thanks
- 17 May 2015, 22:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: * Italian to English translation help!!
- Replies: 20
- Views: 8783
* Italian to English translation help!!
Hello, I am trying to understand this birth certificate. I can translate most all of the pre-typed words, but I am having problems reading/translating the hand written parts. The hand written paragraph in the first section is the most difficult. I am looking to translate word for word so I can ...