Search found 6 matches

by heritage58
05 Jan 2016, 21:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: naturalization
Replies: 13
Views: 8383

Re: naturalization

If it is permitted, might I tell of an experience of my first and only experience in Italy? My wife and I were walking a street in Rome. There was a beautiful woman pushing a baby carriage. An ambulance, sirens, she made the sign of the cross. Being "when in Rome"...later in a taxi, I heard a siren ...
by heritage58
05 Jan 2016, 19:31
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: naturalization
Replies: 13
Views: 8383

Re: naturalization

I would be interested to know how many Italian immigrants returned to their home country.
by heritage58
05 Jan 2016, 13:18
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: naturalization
Replies: 13
Views: 8383

Re: naturalization

Outstanding. The help I am receiving is truly impressive, and I am grateful.The address on his WW11 draft card matches on of my earliest memories of my youth. 349 E. 119th St. (in the neighborhood it was called ahun nineteenth). If my father was born (1917) prior to Giuseppe's naturalization (1922 ...
by heritage58
04 Jan 2016, 21:16
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: naturalization
Replies: 13
Views: 8383

Re: naturalization

All correct. Son, Anthony was my dad. What is a declarant?
by heritage58
04 Jan 2016, 19:43
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: naturalization
Replies: 13
Views: 8383

Re: naturalization

Please explain to an old fool such as myself how to determine if the old man was naturalized.
by heritage58
03 Jan 2016, 17:28
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: naturalization
Replies: 13
Views: 8383

naturalization

Do I understand that key to my obtaining an Italian passport is my grandfather not renouncing his citizenship prior to my father's birth? His name was Guiseppe De Bernardo (spelling is an issue) according to US 1920 census,district 20, NYC, wife Nicolette, soon to be deceased. Year of immigration ...