Ann,
Thank you for your advice, now that I have began to investigate my Italian heritage I am keen to trace the family back to italy. I may have had bit of luck. Last Friday I attended a talk from Dr Terri Colpi at the National Records for Scotland in Edinburgh. In collaboration with the NRS she has ...
Search found 4 matches
- 18 Jan 2016, 13:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4456
- 14 Jan 2016, 18:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4456
Re: D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
Giovanni and Christina were probably married in Italy around 1890-95. There first child Maria was born in Bangor, Wales in 1893 followed by a second daughter Lucia born in Italy in 1895 and a third child Antonio also born in Italy in 1897. I gleaned that information from the 1901 census and it is ...
- 14 Jan 2016, 14:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4456
Re: D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
Thanks Ann, I have tried to find the marriage certificate on Ancestry.com but with no success. Is there a better source for Italian marriages?
- 12 Jan 2016, 17:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
- Replies: 9
- Views: 4456
D'Agostino family, EDinburgh
Can anyone help? My mother died in 2011 and was adopted in 1929 in Edinburgh when she was 11 months old. Whilst going through her papers I came across her original adoption application where it lists her father as Fred D’Agostino (30) and her mother as Jessie Edwards (21). For whatever reason they ...