Search found 6 matches
- 30 Apr 2016, 17:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11186
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
liviomoreno thank you for this. It does appear to be the correct person. I always thought Francesco was a fisherman ... interesting 
- 25 Jan 2016, 00:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11186
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
Livio, ah, well... thanks anyway :-)
Sabino, my apologies - I don't speak Italian and have used a translator to translate your post, above. It seems to finish translating half-way through a sentence, but am I right in understanding that Francesco Credidio was born in Scalea (Cosenza, Calabria), and ...
Sabino, my apologies - I don't speak Italian and have used a translator to translate your post, above. It seems to finish translating half-way through a sentence, but am I right in understanding that Francesco Credidio was born in Scalea (Cosenza, Calabria), and ...
- 22 Jan 2016, 00:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11186
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
Thank you all. I will try accessing the records from these areas, suanj 
Livio if it is a foundling name do you know of any institutions in Naples which may still have records which are accessible for someone in the UK? Thanks.
Sarah
Livio if it is a foundling name do you know of any institutions in Naples which may still have records which are accessible for someone in the UK? Thanks.
Sarah
- 20 Jan 2016, 22:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11186
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
Hi, No his wife was from Corsica. I'm almost certain he was born in 1819, definitely in Naples. It has been mentioned that he may have been a foundling and the name CREDIDIO is a foundling name, so I may have difficulty in tracing his line any further back.
The only other piece of info I know is ...
The only other piece of info I know is ...
- 19 Jan 2016, 22:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11186
Re: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
Hi
I'm terrible with technology! Would a birth certificate for one of his sons (my gt gt grandfather) be ok? It was obtained from the records office in Bastia, Corsica...?
Thanks,
Sarah
I'm terrible with technology! Would a birth certificate for one of his sons (my gt gt grandfather) be ok? It was obtained from the records office in Bastia, Corsica...?
Thanks,
Sarah
- 16 Jan 2016, 02:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11186
Trying to trace gt gt gt grandfather born Naples surname Credidio
Hi
I have been trying for some time now to find birth records of my paternal gt x 3 grandfather who was born in Naples in 1819. His name is Francesco CREDIDIO. The first record I can find of him is when he moved to Corsica and married.
I would be grateful for someone to contact in Naples who may ...
I have been trying for some time now to find birth records of my paternal gt x 3 grandfather who was born in Naples in 1819. His name is Francesco CREDIDIO. The first record I can find of him is when he moved to Corsica and married.
I would be grateful for someone to contact in Naples who may ...