Search found 3 matches

by Heather1970
08 Feb 2016, 21:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for our grandfather
Replies: 13
Views: 9134

Re: Searching for our grandfather

Hello Guiseppe

We would like to know everything about him, ancestors and descendants, also how would we find out if he was still alive (he would be 95 years old). My grandmother had a photo of him, which she gave to her sister for safe keeping, unfortunately this was lost many years ago, so we don ...
by Heather1970
07 Feb 2016, 21:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for our grandfather
Replies: 13
Views: 9134

Re: Searching for our grandfather

Thank you for your reply Mary, I'm a total novice at all this research so really don't know which way to turn next, here's all the information we have:

Francesco Gaudino
4.11.1920 in solopaca
Father : Michele
Mother : Maria

His army rank was Cap.Magg.
Army unit: Sirte Div. 70. Fant Rgt. 2. Bn. 1 ...
by Heather1970
06 Feb 2016, 11:26
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Searching for our grandfather
Replies: 13
Views: 9134

Searching for our grandfather

Hi there. I don't know if anyone can help us. Shortly after my mother passed away my sister and I were made aware that our mothers actual father was Italian (he was a WW2 POW). I have been in touch with the international Red Cross and they gave us some information, as to where he was captured, what ...