Hi!
You might want to check for some Canadian records of the Antonacci family. I have come across that surname in some Montreal records while researching my family.
For instance....
There was an A.Antonacci living at 2133 St-Hubert street in Montreal,Quebec,Canada in 1920 according to the Lovell ...
Search found 11 matches
- 16 Aug 2006, 18:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 1930 census
- Replies: 9
- Views: 7273
- 03 Aug 2006, 01:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10332
Re: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
Hi!
I have had to resort to go through the ship manifest images (1907-1908) page by page in order to find the passenger record for my great-grandfather Luigi Sammario. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere since there are literally thousands of pages.
I originally tried all kinds of name variations ...
I have had to resort to go through the ship manifest images (1907-1908) page by page in order to find the passenger record for my great-grandfather Luigi Sammario. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere since there are literally thousands of pages.
I originally tried all kinds of name variations ...
- 31 Jul 2006, 18:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10332
Re: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
Hi Maria,
I always thought the line through his name ment he was refused entry... I did not realize that he never boarded on that ship. Hmmm.... I'm still learning!!!!
I know he had to have come into Canada close to 1908 since that is the year given in the 1911 Canadain Census as his immigration ...
I always thought the line through his name ment he was refused entry... I did not realize that he never boarded on that ship. Hmmm.... I'm still learning!!!!
I know he had to have come into Canada close to 1908 since that is the year given in the 1911 Canadain Census as his immigration ...
- 31 Jul 2006, 17:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6790
Re: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
Hi jcsm,
I had a researcher (probably not a good one) check for Luigi's record. I have a feeling it was not done properly.
You actually have to provide a photo idea when requesting a birth act? What is the reply coupon?
I don't want to seem dumb... but if I send something myself this time, I want ...
I had a researcher (probably not a good one) check for Luigi's record. I have a feeling it was not done properly.
You actually have to provide a photo idea when requesting a birth act? What is the reply coupon?
I don't want to seem dumb... but if I send something myself this time, I want ...
- 31 Jul 2006, 17:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10332
Re: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
Hi Nuccia and Maria!
Thanks a lot!!!!!! If I am understanding correctly, the "Alessandro" that is listed in Cristina Di Muro's Ellis Island record is actually her "godfather" and not her "father". I did not realize the significance of the note on the right hand side of the page. I saw the word ...
Thanks a lot!!!!!! If I am understanding correctly, the "Alessandro" that is listed in Cristina Di Muro's Ellis Island record is actually her "godfather" and not her "father". I did not realize the significance of the note on the right hand side of the page. I saw the word ...
- 29 Jul 2006, 00:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6790
Re: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
Thanks Vineviz,
Crismale would make sense and this is the best lead that I have gotten!
The priest must have crossed the "L" by accident, thereby making it look like a "t".
It is possible that Alessandro was not born in Rapolla. He may have married Grazia somewhere's else. I have really no ...
Crismale would make sense and this is the best lead that I have gotten!
The priest must have crossed the "L" by accident, thereby making it look like a "t".
It is possible that Alessandro was not born in Rapolla. He may have married Grazia somewhere's else. I have really no ...
- 29 Jul 2006, 00:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10332
Re: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
Hi Nuccia,
Yes I did find that same Ellis Island record for Luigi Sammario. I am sure that it is him? I was wondering why his name was crossed off. I did not find any record of him coming back later.
The 1911 Canadian Census has the following info for him:
-- Immigration yr: 1908 (I have him going ...
Yes I did find that same Ellis Island record for Luigi Sammario. I am sure that it is him? I was wondering why his name was crossed off. I did not find any record of him coming back later.
The 1911 Canadian Census has the following info for him:
-- Immigration yr: 1908 (I have him going ...
- 28 Jul 2006, 18:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6790
Re: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
Hi Riccardo!
Thanks!
I had tried to get the abstract of his birth record and had no success. Perhaps I went about it all wrong.
Any advice to insure success?
Thanks again,
Mike
Thanks!
I had tried to get the abstract of his birth record and had no success. Perhaps I went about it all wrong.
Any advice to insure success?
Thanks again,
Mike
- 28 Jul 2006, 18:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10332
Re: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
Hi Nuccia,
Thanks for the help! :)
I had already found the record for Cristina Di Muro's parents (Concetta Amendola and Michele Di Muro). That record is correct and they were visiting Luigi Sammario (her husband). Also, two of Cristina's brothers were travelling with them (Giuseppe and Biagio ...
Thanks for the help! :)
I had already found the record for Cristina Di Muro's parents (Concetta Amendola and Michele Di Muro). That record is correct and they were visiting Luigi Sammario (her husband). Also, two of Cristina's brothers were travelling with them (Giuseppe and Biagio ...
- 28 Jul 2006, 00:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
- Replies: 7
- Views: 6790
Crismati? Is that a vaild surname?
Hi!
On my great-grandfather's marriage certificate, he has his mother as being listed as Grazia Crismati. The penmanship is quite clear. I have never heard of this surname before. It may have been mis-spelled by the priest.
Has anybody seen this surname or have any ideas what it should be?
I'm ...
On my great-grandfather's marriage certificate, he has his mother as being listed as Grazia Crismati. The penmanship is quite clear. I have never heard of this surname before. It may have been mis-spelled by the priest.
Has anybody seen this surname or have any ideas what it should be?
I'm ...
- 28 Jul 2006, 00:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
- Replies: 14
- Views: 10332
Cristina Di Muro probably from Melfi or Rapola
Hi!
I am looking for more information on Cristina Di Muro. She was most likely born in Melfi or Rapolla.
Her year of birth is 1892. She married Luigi Sammario in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1912.
I have her parents as being: Michele Di Muro and Concetta Amendola.
I have not been able to find ...
I am looking for more information on Cristina Di Muro. She was most likely born in Melfi or Rapolla.
Her year of birth is 1892. She married Luigi Sammario in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1912.
I have her parents as being: Michele Di Muro and Concetta Amendola.
I have not been able to find ...