The comune have asked me do send for the baptism certificate so I must do it, whether it adds names or not.
Shortened name
Birth certificate
Residence certificate
Italian passport
Letters from ANED re war pension
Document from Ministero del Tesoro
Long name
Marriage certificate
Questura ...
Search found 21 matches
- 08 Jan 2018, 19:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Two different first names, same person
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1332
- 08 Jan 2018, 13:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Two different first names, same person
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1332
Two different first names, same person
My Italian Mum used a mixture of her first name and shortened first name for a variety of documents in Italy and the UK. The shortened version appears on her birth certificate and long version on my birth certificate. How do I prove they are both the same person?
The comune has suggested starting ...
The comune has suggested starting ...
- 21 Oct 2017, 20:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
When I visited the Consulate in London, they sent me away to find proof. The frustrating thing is that they didnt tell me what proof I needed, just gave me two links to British registration archives. Obviously they turned up blank.
The lady at the comune sent me away saying they couldn't go any ...
The lady at the comune sent me away saying they couldn't go any ...
- 21 Oct 2017, 18:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
jennabet I think you may have missed where I wrote
"I know that Mum came over to Italy in the 1980's to reaquire her Italian citizenship. She lived in Trieste. I have a copy of a questura. I have read that she either had to make a declaration or live in Italy for a year."
And that is allegedly ...
"I know that Mum came over to Italy in the 1980's to reaquire her Italian citizenship. She lived in Trieste. I have a copy of a questura. I have read that she either had to make a declaration or live in Italy for a year."
And that is allegedly ...
- 19 Oct 2017, 16:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
Thank you again. I am keeping everything crossed 
- 18 Oct 2017, 21:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
I'll have to show the comune different proof than I did for me.
So Mum's birth certificate, copy of Mums Italian passport, the certificate they sent to me, my birth certificate (translated). Should I include the questura? I even have details of her war pension as she is an Auschwitz survivor and ...
So Mum's birth certificate, copy of Mums Italian passport, the certificate they sent to me, my birth certificate (translated). Should I include the questura? I even have details of her war pension as she is an Auschwitz survivor and ...
- 18 Oct 2017, 21:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
No power of attorney, it was yet to be put in place for myself and my brother when Mum suddenly went down hill. She lives in the UK so I cannot easily get proof of her dementia.
- 18 Oct 2017, 21:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
Thank you mler.
The last part is, sadly, not possible as my Mum has dementia. Else she would have loved to have saved me all this running around.
The last part is, sadly, not possible as my Mum has dementia. Else she would have loved to have saved me all this running around.
- 18 Oct 2017, 19:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
Thank you mler.
Do I contact the comune where she was born, or the one where she is resident? How shall I phrase it and what proof do you think I should show?
Do I contact the comune where she was born, or the one where she is resident? How shall I phrase it and what proof do you think I should show?
- 18 Oct 2017, 18:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Re: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
I am in Lecce at present and not going up to Belluno until next year, I was hoping to get the ball rolling faster, sooner!
Could it be as easy as to ask them to make an addendum?
Could it be as easy as to ask them to make an addendum?
- 18 Oct 2017, 17:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
- Replies: 34
- Views: 9599
Dual citizenship-proof of reaquisition of Italian citizenship
I hope someone can help me with this problem.
I am living in Italy now, but before moving I started my dual citizenship application at the Consulate in London.
Briefly, I took all my documents as and how requested and was told that my application was denied because my mother automatically lost her ...
I am living in Italy now, but before moving I started my dual citizenship application at the Consulate in London.
Briefly, I took all my documents as and how requested and was told that my application was denied because my mother automatically lost her ...
- 17 Oct 2017, 21:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grandads Certificate of Naturalization
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4123
Re: Grandads Certificate of Naturalization
Thank's for all the info peeps 
- 17 Oct 2017, 21:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grandads Certificate of Naturalization
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4123
Re: Grandads Certificate of Naturalization
Could this be him in the New York Death Index?
Name: Carlo Cappellari
Age: 55
Birth Date: abt 1899
Death Date: 9 Jul 1954
Death Place: Richmond, New York, New York, USA
Certificate Number: 1228
T.
Not sure tbh, I thought he was older when he died? My Mum and brother went over to America to ...
- 28 Sep 2017, 20:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Grandads Certificate of Naturalization
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4123
Re: Grandads Certificate of Naturalization
Yes, that address is on his naturalization certificate. Any idea how I follow him from there?
- 28 Sep 2017, 20:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giacin
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1504
Re: Giacin
Thank you so much Tessa, lots of useful info yet again.