Search found 2 matches

by presto480
30 Oct 2017, 12:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Documentation when rejected for naturalization because of illiteracy
Replies: 1
Views: 1047

Documentation when rejected for naturalization because of illiteracy

Hello - I have a letter of no records of naturalization for my ancestor from USCIS. There is also no declaration of intention. I also have their alien registration file which states that they were rejected for naturalization because of illiteracy - it doesn't say what year but they moved to the USA ...
by presto480
30 Oct 2017, 11:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help Finding Birth Records
Replies: 2
Views: 813

Help Finding Birth Records

Hello - I am trying to find the birth records for 2 of my ancestors:

Salvatore Gennaro (or Genaro) born in Corleone, Palermo, Italy around November 3, 1866 or November 11, 1864.
Father's Name: Michael Gennaro (or Genaro), Mother's Name: Unknown

and

Salvatrice Dimattia (or Dimatteo) born in ...