Search found 3 matches

by rosemarieraia
13 Jun 2018, 21:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Raia/Raio Family in Naples Italy
Replies: 1
Views: 1213

Raia/Raio Family in Naples Italy

Hello,
I am restoring my family tree. My father whose family is from Torre Annunziata Naples area still lives in the area or so he believes.
My grandfather John was married there in the early 1900s. He had 2 children with his first wife and their names were Anna who worked in the Marble industry ...
by rosemarieraia
13 Jun 2018, 20:16
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Need some help with naturalization info
Replies: 8
Views: 8546

Re: Need some help with naturalization info

I am not sure if this is a longshot or not, but my grandfather John Raia had a brother James Raia which I think in the American version of the name your looking for. They were from Naples. My DNA yielded Campagnia, Salerno Naples.
by rosemarieraia
13 Jun 2018, 20:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Family Raia, Raio and Raiano
Replies: 21
Views: 9704

Re: Family Raia, Raio and Raiano

My grandfather was from Naples and born in the late 1800s. He had 2 brothers and 1 sister that I know of. Your story sounds familiar so please connect with me so we can see if we share lineage. My DNA yielded me in Campagnia, Molinise and Salerno so predominantly in Naples.

My grandfather before ...