Would someone be able to take a look at the following record and help determine what it means?
The document is a Polish death record index and many of the cause of deaths are listed as 'grafsans'. I've searched the internet but can't seem to find what this translates to. Many of my distant ...
Search found 100 matches
- 06 Dec 2019, 18:59
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Latin word translation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1518
- 06 Dec 2019, 18:55
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding vital records - New York to ???
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2703
Re: Help finding vital records - New York to ???
Yes, its very possible this is his father. His name seems unique for the times, so I don't think I would come across another Obediah unless it was direct family.
- 03 Dec 2019, 21:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Word translation needed
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1514
Re: Word translation needed
Thank you. Sadly I'm not sure this is the person I was looking for, as they ended up in Ansonia, Connecticut - which is quite the distance from Alden.
- 03 Dec 2019, 21:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Word translation needed
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1514
Word translation needed
Hello, hoping someone can help translate a location for me on a New York Passengers arrivals document. The person in question is No. 7, Mikolaj Zawiski, age 33. I can't make out what the intended location is, looks like it starts with an 'A', but I have no idea what it could be.
https://www ...
https://www ...
- 15 Nov 2019, 23:09
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help finding vital records - New York to ???
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2703
Help finding vital records - New York to ???
Hello, I'm hoping to get some help with connecting ancestors born in early 1800s New York to their home country. Most of my family is Italian and Polish and immigrated to America in the late 1890s. But I'm unsure how to trace back a family that came to America prior to the 1800s.
The family name I ...
The family name I ...
- 12 Aug 2019, 22:29
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3271
Re: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
Yikes I forgot about this topic!
It's very possible this is him, as I suspect his name was not spelt "Nicholas" in his home country. I've assumed he was married around 1896 as the 1930 census shows the age he was married at 32. This is assuming my other records are correct in him being born in ...
It's very possible this is him, as I suspect his name was not spelt "Nicholas" in his home country. I've assumed he was married around 1896 as the 1930 census shows the age he was married at 32. This is assuming my other records are correct in him being born in ...
- 20 Jun 2019, 01:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Reciniello Death Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1340
Re: Help Finding Reciniello Death Record
Thank you for finding this. This may be an obvious question, but what does this mean? Did he actually die or just leave the family? I haven’t come across a relative without a death record, so I’m not sure what to make of this :/
- 19 Jun 2019, 21:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help Finding Reciniello Death Record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1340
Help Finding Reciniello Death Record
Hello, I need some help in my search for my relative's, Francesco Reciniello, death record. I listed his information below.
Born: ~1801, Sant'Arsenio
Parents: Antonio Reciniello and Rosa Giffoni
Wife: Anna Gentile
Children: Rosa, Antonio and Francesco
Francesco died around eight/nine months of ...
Born: ~1801, Sant'Arsenio
Parents: Antonio Reciniello and Rosa Giffoni
Wife: Anna Gentile
Children: Rosa, Antonio and Francesco
Francesco died around eight/nine months of ...
- 19 Jun 2019, 20:49
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Social Security Records prior to 1856
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3681
Re: Social Security Records prior to 1856
Hi Tessa,
The dates I listed are correct. The form states SS cannot process a request for individuals born before 1865 (page 2/3 in the PDF). My relative was born in 1864 and died in 1938. When I go to order his SS information online, I receive an error upon entering his birth year because of this ...
The dates I listed are correct. The form states SS cannot process a request for individuals born before 1865 (page 2/3 in the PDF). My relative was born in 1864 and died in 1938. When I go to order his SS information online, I receive an error upon entering his birth year because of this ...
- 19 Jun 2019, 16:37
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13859
Re: Looking for Eastern European village
Wow, that one seems probable. I wish I could make out the names of the person from last country/going to. I know his father's name was Gregory and mother was Irene.
- 19 Jun 2019, 16:13
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3271
Re: Help with Immigration Record (Austria)
Good morning. Thank you, I have this census record in my records. The last name is spelt different almost every time, from Zavoyski, Zawoyski, Zawiski and today it's spelt Savoyski. I'm just not sure how to bridge the gap between American and international records.
I did recently discover his ...
I did recently discover his ...
- 19 Jun 2019, 15:39
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Eastern European village
- Replies: 16
- Views: 13859
Re: Looking for Eastern European village
Good morning. I have the assumed date range of his immigration being between 1902-1907. He definitely arrived prior to 1910 as his first son was born in December 1911 in Ansonia, Connecticut.
Any suggestions for effectively searching for him in ship manifests?
Any suggestions for effectively searching for him in ship manifests?
- 19 Jun 2019, 15:23
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Social Security Records prior to 1856
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3681
Social Security Records prior to 1856
Good morning! I have a SSC I wanted to order, but my relative was born in 1864 and Social Security doesn't provide records past 1865. I contacted Social Security to see why this was, but just received a very generic response without answering my question.
So, my question is - why can't we order SSC ...
So, my question is - why can't we order SSC ...
- 14 Jun 2019, 16:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help confirming info on Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1434
Re: Help confirming info on Death Record
Okay, I'll have to seek out their birth records to confirm. I'm only going through death records at the moment, and just thought this to be strange. I wonder why one/both daughters had a different father, unless she had one/both before her marriage to GioBatta?
- 14 Jun 2019, 15:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help confirming info on Death Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1434
Help confirming info on Death Record
Good morning - hoping to get some help in understanding something noted on my ancestor's death record. The record is for Maddalena Pessolano (~1794-1838). The record lists her husband GioBatta and two daughters, but then lists "padre ignoto". Could this be referring to her daughters having an ...