You get a SSN if you are eligible to work, and eligible to receive social security benefits. It doesn't mean you are a citizen. And it's not unheard of to lie to a census worker.
If the USCIS says there is no record of his naturalizing, that is good, right? It means he passes his citizenship to his ...
Search found 6 matches
- 28 Jan 2020, 22:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help? I cannot find naturalization documents!
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2618
- 19 Aug 2019, 23:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship denial due to naturalization
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3288
Re: Citizenship denial due to naturalization
You may want to check this document-- I just happened to notice the section about REACQUISITION. It may apply to your situation.
https://conssanfrancisco.esteri.it/reso ... shipSF.pdf
https://conssanfrancisco.esteri.it/reso ... shipSF.pdf
- 25 Apr 2019, 01:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1681
Re: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni
Thank you for your reply, Tessa. I will try the local LDS and then send off a few more emails.
- 24 Apr 2019, 18:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1681
Re: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni
Thank you for your reply, Ann. Luigia's birth certificate (assuming she was born where I think she was) would be in the same place as her marriage certificate. Even if she was born in the next town over, the entire region's vital records should all be in the Beura-Cardezza registrar-- and that is ...
- 24 Apr 2019, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1681
Luigia Scesa and Guiseppe Falcioni
I am looking for the marriage info of Luigia Scesa (b. 6 April 1892) and Guiseppe Falcioni (b. 20 March 1890), married in 1920-21. I think they were married in Cardezza, Province of Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, but I am not sure. It would certainly have been in that region. And the comune is not replying ...
- 25 Sep 2018, 23:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Am I eligible for dual citizenship?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3470
Re: Am I eligible for dual citizenship?
As I understand it,the National Archives holds a copy of all citizenship/naturalization records. To be precise, they have an index that holds everything, so they can tell you how to request the documents. But first they have to do an index search, which costs $65.
more info here: https://www.uscis ...
more info here: https://www.uscis ...