Hello,
It appears that when my great grandparents married in 1872 in Sicily, my great grandmother was only 12 years old. I understand that although this was not common it did happen occasionally. My question is why would she get married so young and what would be the reaction of the community ...
Search found 9 matches
- 17 Mar 2019, 04:08
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Married at 12 years old
- Replies: 5
- Views: 56284
- 01 Feb 2019, 12:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptismal Record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3275
Re: Baptismal Record
Yes, the birth date and location match with other records I have.
So it sounds like you've never heard of this before?
So it sounds like you've never heard of this before?
- 01 Feb 2019, 03:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptismal Record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3275
Re: Baptismal Record
I have matched DNA with a descendant of my great grandfather's sister, this is the only Antrieri family that was in this town in Sicily, and on my great grandfather's passenger list he states that his last residence was with his mother, who is the same woman from his siblings records.
- 29 Jan 2019, 12:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptismal Record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3275
Re: Baptismal Record
It doesn't have her name, its says "dalla sua unione con donna non mentale non parente"
- 29 Jan 2019, 04:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptismal Record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3275
Re: Baptismal Record
There were two siblings born before him and both of the civil birth records and baptisms have the mother listed. There were five siblings born after him and all of the civil records (2) and baptisms (3) I can find have the mother listed. And I do have the church marriage record for the parents, so I ...
- 27 Jan 2019, 18:22
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptismal Record
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3275
Baptismal Record
Hello,
I have found the Baptismal Record for my Great Grandfather born in 1890 in Sicily and it has his father's name but it says mother unknown. Does anyone know why this would happen?
I believe it would be like this on a civil record if the parents were only married in the church?
My great ...
I have found the Baptismal Record for my Great Grandfather born in 1890 in Sicily and it has his father's name but it says mother unknown. Does anyone know why this would happen?
I believe it would be like this on a civil record if the parents were only married in the church?
My great ...
- 18 Nov 2018, 20:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptism Record Questions
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3828
Re: Baptism Record Questions
Thank you very much for your input. You make an excellent point about pluralization in the record. I honestly didn't think about that but it makes total sense!
Thanks again for your help.
Thanks again for your help.
- 14 Nov 2018, 03:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptism Record Questions
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3828
Re: Baptism Record Questions
Thank you for your response. I thought that s.a might stand for supra but I wasn't totally sure.
My second question might have been a little confusing, what I was trying to ask is about more than one child being baptized at the same time. The baptism I provided is an example of this showing both ...
My second question might have been a little confusing, what I was trying to ask is about more than one child being baptized at the same time. The baptism I provided is an example of this showing both ...
- 07 Nov 2018, 04:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Baptism Record Questions
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3828
Baptism Record Questions
I have some questions about a couple things I have been finding in baptism records from Caltanissetta, Sicily, from the early 1800s.
- I keep seeing phrases similar to "die quo s.a" right before the parents names, where in other documents it says "heri" or "hodie". Does this phrase say when the ...
- I keep seeing phrases similar to "die quo s.a" right before the parents names, where in other documents it says "heri" or "hodie". Does this phrase say when the ...