Search found 3 matches

by tmsetteitalian1954
14 Jun 2019, 14:00
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Mamadon for grandmother
Replies: 5
Views: 5678

Re: Mamadon for grandmother

Is your interest in genealogy a hobby or do you have a professional interest in this? It's a hobby for me.

I noticed your post name as SUA NJ. I'm from NJ and just wonder if by case we are in the same state?

Ciao
by tmsetteitalian1954
13 Jun 2019, 19:39
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Mamadon for grandmother
Replies: 5
Views: 5678

Re: Mamadon for grandmother

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like my father may have mispronounced the term or perhaps I recall it wrong after so many years. She died in the 1950s and all her children and 99 percent of her grandchildren have passed. Mammanonn makes perfect sense. Thanks again.
by tmsetteitalian1954
31 Jan 2019, 06:13
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Mamadon for grandmother
Replies: 5
Views: 5678

Mamadon for grandmother

Has anyone heard of the term, Mamadon, used for grandmother? This is an affectionate term that my uncles and my father called their grandmother. Is it spelled differently?