Search found 3 matches

by lal78148
29 Sep 2019, 01:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Is this a possibility for a 1948 JS case?
Replies: 3
Views: 1519

Re: Is this a possibility for a 1948 JS case?

Thank you for the clarification on my case again. I had a sinking feeling that this was the case, but I was hoping to go through the easier route as my ggm's Italian-born parents have multiple complications: multiple name changes, one disappeared with no death certificate, and so on. I wonder if a ...
by lal78148
27 Sep 2019, 23:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Is this a possibility for a 1948 JS case?
Replies: 3
Views: 1519

Is this a possibility for a 1948 JS case?

Hi there,

So here is a question: my Italian-born Great-Grandfather immigrated to America and joined the US Army to fight in WWI. When he was discharged at the end of the war he was served his citizenship papers/got his American citizenship, then married my Great-Grandmother, (who was also the ...
by lal78148
23 Jun 2019, 02:51
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do I still have a shot at JS via a 1948 case?
Replies: 2
Views: 1385

Do I still have a shot at JS via a 1948 case?

Hi Everyone, here 1948 case situation:

My Italian-born GG Grandfather came to America in the late 1880's and might have gotten naturalized. We can't find an EXACT match for him in USICS's records, but they did find a likely suspect in the same place where he lived. He has a slightly different first ...