Search found 222 matches

by CaptainCatholic
13 Aug 2026, 05:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message


Antenati site is Down --message below

Has an error establishing a redis connection



Oh wow, you're right! This is pretty bad - Antenati has been down constantly over the past several months. Does anyone know why there has been so many problems recently?

Fingers crossed it comes back online ...
by CaptainCatholic
10 Aug 2026, 23:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

dngaddie wrote: 10 Aug 2026, 22:30 I tried to get in twice today. I guess we just have to wait it out until fixed.

I was in the same boat, but I checked just now and it appears to be working!!!!!!
by CaptainCatholic
10 Aug 2026, 14:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

teckat wrote: 08 Aug 2026, 23:24 received this message on Portale Antenati

SyntaxError: Unexpected non-whitespace character after JSON at position 4 (line 1 column 5) as of today ???


Yes! Unfortunately it's been down since at least Thursday 8/6 (that's when I noticed it at least). Still down as of today 😥
by CaptainCatholic
10 Aug 2026, 14:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Farassino wrote: 08 Aug 2026, 17:55 IMG_0887.jpeg

Ah, thank you very much for the update! So they're updating the site - as of now, it's 9:00am on Monday 8/10/26... still no access to the site. I first noticed the issue on the night of Thursday 8/6/26. Wondering how long the update will take?
by CaptainCatholic
08 Aug 2026, 06:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

dngaddie wrote: 08 Aug 2026, 01:16 I am getting the same message. Maybe be fixed in a while. I have plenty to work on so will go back later.
Yeah, I'm trying to find other projects to keep myself busy in the meantime - but really just wanting Antenati back up and running! Thanks for your input!
by CaptainCatholic
08 Aug 2026, 06:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

darkerhorse wrote: 07 Aug 2026, 21:46 Records for error same I message Sicilia the searching experienced syntax.
Thank you for your input! Hopefully it is fixed soon!
by CaptainCatholic
08 Aug 2026, 06:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message


I'm getting the same message. It usually gets fixed within 24 hours, but lately it seems to take longer -- I think at one point it was down for a week or so. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I'm at a standstill myself...


Thank you very much for the feedback! Oh man, a week, that's so long ...
by CaptainCatholic
07 Aug 2026, 18:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11282

Antenati Syntax Error Message

Hi everyone! I have been trying to access records on Antenati all night last night and all day today, but I keep getting the same exact error message regardless of which town I'm searching in (same for Sicily, same for Naples, same for Puglia).

The error message is:

"An error occurred. SyntaxError ...
by CaptainCatholic
07 Jul 2026, 07:41
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Riveli di beni e anime in Campofelice di Roccella
Replies: 2
Views: 1457

Re: Riveli di beni e anime in Campofelice di Roccella


https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/archive/?archivio=227
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search-registry/?serie=37942836&descrizione=Roccella
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/search-registry/?serie=37935951&descrizione=Roccella



mmogno, this is absolutely amazing!!!!!!! Thank you so, so much for ...
by CaptainCatholic
06 Jul 2026, 06:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Riveli di beni e anime in Campofelice di Roccella
Replies: 2
Views: 1457

Riveli di beni e anime in Campofelice di Roccella

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a great summer!

I've been reading about how the Riveli di beni e anime has been made public recently (see here: https://www.ilgenealogista.it/en/2026/05/28/publication-of-the-riveli/).

I'm mainly looking for the Riveli di beni e anime for the town of ...
by CaptainCatholic
04 Mar 2026, 22:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The Mayor of Campofelice di Roccella (il Sindaco)
Replies: 2
Views: 2526

Re: The Mayor of Campofelice di Roccella (il Sindaco)

PS: One thing to mention (not sure if this makes a difference?). Giacinto's wife, Giuseppa Civello - her father's name was Don Castrenze Civello, and he was an arbitriante by profession. Several of Giuseppa's brothers were "civile".

Not sure if this helps clarify the full family's status or even ...
by CaptainCatholic
03 Mar 2026, 21:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding marriage record? (Campofelice di Roccella, 1830s)
Replies: 6
Views: 3347

Re: Help finding marriage record? (Campofelice di Roccella, 1830s)


The purpose of marriage banns is to ensure that there are no impediments to the marriage for either of the betrothed parties. In this case, this essentially means that the betrothed must not be currently married or too closely related. For this reason, the banns are published in the places where ...
by CaptainCatholic
03 Mar 2026, 18:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: The Mayor of Campofelice di Roccella (il Sindaco)
Replies: 2
Views: 2526

The Mayor of Campofelice di Roccella (il Sindaco)

Hi everyone!

I am trying to determine if my 5th-Great-Grandfather, Maestro Giacinto Macaluso, was the mayor of Campofelice di Roccella at one point in time!

I located the marriage record of Giacinto's daughter, Donna Vincenza Macaluso, who was married in Campofelice di Roccella in 1833. When ...
by CaptainCatholic
26 Feb 2026, 06:17
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding marriage record? (Campofelice di Roccella, 1830s)
Replies: 6
Views: 3347

Re: Help finding marriage record? (Campofelice di Roccella, 1830s)



...

Don Salvatore Civello and Donna Innocenzia Ruggieri had a number of children who were born in Campofelice di Roccella, starting with Genuelfa Civello (born in 1842). Genuelfa's Birth Record can be found on Page 18 here: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua436385/Lp1V7Q1 They had ...
by CaptainCatholic
25 Feb 2026, 18:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help finding marriage record? (Campofelice di Roccella, 1830s)
Replies: 6
Views: 3347

Help finding marriage record? (Campofelice di Roccella, 1830s)

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well!

I'm doing some research on my Sicilian family ancestry from the town of Campofelice di Roccella (formerly Campofelice).

I have two uncles living there at that point in time:

1) Don Salvatore Civello, who was married to Donna Innocenzia Ruggieri
2) Don ...