Search found 27 matches

by scaresmares
14 Aug 2024, 02:24
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help with translation Forgaria Nel Friuli
Replies: 3
Views: 607

Re: help with translation Forgaria Nel Friuli


AGARENA Luigia [daughter] "del pio Osp[edale] di Udine = of the pious Hospital of Udine." Luigia was a foundling, of unknown parents, raised in the care of the brefotroph.

https://www.persee.fr/docAsPDF/efr_0000-0000_1991_act_140_1_4461.pdf



It says “of the pious hospital of Udine”.
She was ...
by scaresmares
13 Aug 2024, 14:08
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: help with translation Forgaria Nel Friuli
Replies: 3
Views: 607

help with translation Forgaria Nel Friuli

2nd person on the list

Luigia Agarena, can anyone tell me what's written under her father's name and what it means
by scaresmares
17 Feb 2024, 08:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Transciption needed for nepolionic era death record Forgaria
Replies: 3
Views: 631

Re: Transciption needed for nepolionic era death record Forgaria

liviomoreno wrote: 17 Feb 2024, 08:37 Domenica was 16yo. Her father Antonio Costa wa 59yo and her mother was Maria Giuliano 39yo. Date of death was 10 July 1807
geez that's a bit of an age gap for the parents. But thank you. I'll add it to the pile
by scaresmares
17 Feb 2024, 08:06
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Transciption needed for nepolionic era death record Forgaria
Replies: 3
Views: 631

Transciption needed for nepolionic era death record Forgaria

I know it's a Domenica Costa, her father is Antonio Costa and the death occured in 1807. Is there a mother listed? and can anyone tell me how old she was, when she died
by scaresmares
22 Sep 2020, 06:55
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Irish Church record help
Replies: 10
Views: 3866

Re: Irish Church record help




Where are you looking? At the words under "America"?


so tyou think the place is america?




Can you link us to the record if it is on line. If it is not, can you please post the uncropped image. Ta.

Angela


So it's pdf what I can make out is

Joannas Doyle, 2 Johns Lane, Thomas (des ...
by scaresmares
22 Sep 2020, 03:23
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Irish Church record help
Replies: 10
Views: 3866

Re: Irish Church record help


I also read America, but I don't know what the title is above that column, so it would be great if you were able to crop the top of the pdf, or maybe see if you can take a screenshot of it. I see that there is five people travelling together. I'm wondering whether the first letters in the word you ...
by scaresmares
22 Sep 2020, 02:03
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: name of child
Replies: 17
Views: 3038

Re: name of child


@Angela
Sì, bene così :D .
L'unico dubbio che ho è se il soprannome "Pula" si riferisca a Domenico, o ad Antonio, oppure a tutto quel ramo della famiglia Garlatti. Se compare in documenti di altri Garlatti, sarebbe di tutta la famiglia, come mi sembra più probabile.

From what i've been able to ...
by scaresmares
22 Sep 2020, 01:56
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Irish Church record help
Replies: 10
Views: 3866

Re: Irish Church record help


Where are you looking? At the words under "America"?


so tyou think the place is america?



johnhannah.JPG

I can't work out where the Mother of John doyle is living/from


Can you link us to the record if it is on line. If it is not, can you please post the uncropped image. Ta.

Angela ...
by scaresmares
21 Sep 2020, 11:52
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: name of child
Replies: 17
Views: 3038

Re: name of child






So, when you see the "squiggle" (as long as it is the same "squiggle") the name/s written after the "squiggle" will most likely be nicknames. Nicknames show up from time to time in Italian civil records for obvious reasons.

Now that mmogno :) has clarified that the "squiggle" is actually ...
by scaresmares
21 Sep 2020, 03:35
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Irish Church record help
Replies: 10
Views: 3866

Irish Church record help

johnhannah.JPG
I cann't work out where the Mother of John doyle is living/from
by scaresmares
21 Sep 2020, 01:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Name Discrepancy- Church Records
Replies: 5
Views: 1248

Re: Name Discrepancy- Church Records

sometimes names get left of records, or the other name is her confirmation name
by scaresmares
21 Sep 2020, 01:18
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: name of child
Replies: 17
Views: 3038

Re: name of child







Slightly more confused now,

The Squiggle (lets call it that) appears quite a bit, usually with either names or places. Only on some of the children of Antonio Costa and Luigia Agarena (My main family of interest) it is there and is usually Celest. WIll upload when I get a chance. However ...
by scaresmares
20 Sep 2020, 04:28
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: name of child
Replies: 17
Views: 3038

Re: name of child



... I am reading that Domenico Garlatti was both born and living in Forgaria, Udine Province. Then in the side column I am reading "Domenico Garlatti di Antonio d(ett)o Pula" which I am interpeting as "Domenico Garlatti, son of Antonio said Pula".



Slightly more confused now,

The Squiggle ...
by scaresmares
11 Sep 2020, 06:47
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: name of child
Replies: 17
Views: 3038

Re: name of child

Maddelana Marriage.jpg
Domenico Mellan B.jpg
it's also not the 1st time i've come across the squiggle with another Name/place, Maddalena Costa Being the cousin of Domenico Garlatti
by scaresmares
11 Sep 2020, 06:26
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: name of child
Replies: 17
Views: 3038

Re: name of child


Thank you for providing both the birth and marriage records. I'm not 100% sure. In the Birth record I think that it is saying "Ermenegilda Garlatti di Domenico da Pula" which I interpret is "Ermenegilda Garlatti daughter of Domenico from Pula".

However, in the Marriage Record I am reading that ...