Search found 23 matches
- 15 Sep 2024, 17:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can anyone read this street name in Palermo?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 738
Re: Can anyone read this street name in Palermo?
Excellent, thanks! Would you mind telling me how you knew which parish it was from? I'm still learning how to read these documents. Thanks!
- 15 Sep 2024, 16:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can anyone read this street name in Palermo?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 738
Re: Can anyone read this street name in Palermo?
Here's the record: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 54/0MxnjvM
I was able to read his father's birth record a bit more clearly and he was born on Via Candelai, which I was able to find on a current map. It doesn't look like Candelai to me, but what do you think?
I was able to read his father's birth record a bit more clearly and he was born on Via Candelai, which I was able to find on a current map. It doesn't look like Candelai to me, but what do you think?
- 15 Sep 2024, 15:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Can anyone read this street name in Palermo?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 738
Can anyone read this street name in Palermo?
Hi - can anyone make out this street name in a Palermo birth record from 1864? Via Car___?
- 15 Sep 2024, 14:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Palermo birth record
- Replies: 2
- Views: 582
Translation of Palermo birth record
Could someone please translate this Palermo birth record for me? It is for my great grandfather Antonino Manno (parents were Tommaso Manno and Rosalia Di Fonte). I assume his sister Teresa was the midwife? I'm hoping to get any details about the birth location as I'll be visiting Sicily and would ...
- 14 Jan 2023, 21:32
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with handwriting on birth record
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1352
Re: Help with handwriting on birth record
Thank you for confirmation, Livio.
- 14 Jan 2023, 06:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with handwriting on birth record
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1352
Re: Help with handwriting on birth record
My great great grandfather came to New York in 1909 and on the passenger record it said he was joining his brother in law Michele Schiralli at an address in Manhattan, so that would imply that Anna married Michele before 1909. I'm thinking that the first part says __ 3 Ottobre 903 no.35 da Bitetto ...
- 14 Jan 2023, 02:27
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with handwriting on birth record
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1352
Help with handwriting on birth record
I'm having trouble reading what's written in the right hand margin on my ancestor's birth record. I believe she married Michele Schiralli (and it looks like his name is mentioned) and I see something about 1913 and Bitetto (which is where she was born) and her father's name of Giuseppe but I can't ...
- 13 Nov 2022, 17:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2186
Re: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
Thanks to everyone for advice. I finally received an email from Bitetto and they said the grave is there.
- 20 Oct 2022, 15:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2186
Re: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
Ah, thank you, that gives me hope. I'm hoping that the monument is in Bitetto but from the photos/google maps I've seen, I'm not sure the cemetery there has the buildings seen in the background of the photo. My mother also recalled that the grave was in Bari so I may go to the main cemetery there ...
- 18 Oct 2022, 03:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2186
Re: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
Thank you for the death record, rlw. That's very considerate of you to find it.
- 18 Oct 2022, 02:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2186
Re: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
Thank you, Pippo. I tried the first address but now I will try the second as I didn't find that myself.
Ann, I appreciate the information. That would certainly make Bitetto more likely. I was given some information today regarding Italian cemeteries and apparently most people, unless the families ...
Ann, I appreciate the information. That would certainly make Bitetto more likely. I was given some information today regarding Italian cemeteries and apparently most people, unless the families ...
- 17 Oct 2022, 05:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2186
Finding a gravesite in Bitetto/Bari
C31A05D1-A42B-4D34-9EEF-3A4B18A23A3F.jpeg
I have a photograph (attached) of my great-great-grandfather's grave. He was from Bitetto, Puglia though my mother's recollection was that the grave might be in Bari. I emailed the main cemetery there and they were unable to find a record for him. I've ...
I have a photograph (attached) of my great-great-grandfather's grave. He was from Bitetto, Puglia though my mother's recollection was that the grave might be in Bari. I emailed the main cemetery there and they were unable to find a record for him. I've ...
- 06 Oct 2022, 01:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Filippa Rizzo birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 673
Re: Filippa Rizzo birth record
Thank you so much, Angela, I really appreciate it!
- 04 Oct 2022, 17:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Filippa Rizzo birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 673
Filippa Rizzo birth record
Hi, I'm having a hard time with the handwriting in this one. Can someone please try to translate it for me?
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613 Thanks in advance.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1947613 Thanks in advance.
- 22 Sep 2022, 23:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with handwriting on ship manifest
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1461
Re: Help with handwriting on ship manifest
Thanks, I'll check that out!