Not too sure if this is right but this is how I read it...
Paolo and Fortunata's son Antonino married in 1913 and on the record it states in front of both parents names "q." meaning deceased.
Marriage is bottom of page - https://www.archiviodiocesanoreggiobova.it/photo_details/216/50298 ...
Search found 25 matches
- 29 Sep 2026, 06:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Re:ATTO DI MORTE IN REGGIO CALABRIA
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1777
- 29 Sep 2026, 05:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Re:ATTO DI MORTE IN REGGIO CALABRIA
- Replies: 8
- Views: 1777
Re: Re:ATTO DI MORTE IN REGGIO CALABRIA
Did you have any luck in finding the death record of Paolo Labate?
- 28 Mar 2025, 01:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: WHERE to obtain an Italian birth record from Alexandria, Egypt if it can not found in Italy?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 74885
Re: WHERE to obtain an Italian birth record from Alexandria, Egypt if it can not found in Italy?
I know this is off track Amos but here is the death record of Luigi's brother Salvatore in Brindisi 1931 - he was 56 years old. https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 01/Lpgym2o
- 28 Mar 2025, 00:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: WHERE to obtain an Italian birth record from Alexandria, Egypt if it can not found in Italy?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 74885
Re: WHERE to obtain an Italian birth record from Alexandria, Egypt if it can not found in Italy?
Contact Silvia and she will get it sorted but if you have any issues just let me know and I'll help out.
Getting back to Federico Veste... I assuming you know his name was Luigi?.
This is the marriage record in Brindisi of Luigi Veste and Lucrezia Salsedo - https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark ...
Getting back to Federico Veste... I assuming you know his name was Luigi?.
This is the marriage record in Brindisi of Luigi Veste and Lucrezia Salsedo - https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark ...
- 27 Mar 2025, 07:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: WHERE to obtain an Italian birth record from Alexandria, Egypt if it can not found in Italy?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 74885
Re: WHERE to obtain an Italian birth record from Alexandria, Egypt if it can not found in Italy?
You're wasting your time with the Italian Consulate in Egypt and I find it hard to believe that Brindisi don't have this on record, especially if Salvatore was a first generation born outside of Italy... the parents would always send back information. I'd come across on multiple times where for eg ...
- 10 Mar 2025, 05:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Siderno Superiore Calabria Church
- Replies: 0
- Views: 51409
Siderno Superiore Calabria Church
Hi All
Does anyone have any good contacts for the Siderno area in Calabria?
I'd like to get a hold of someone ideally at the San Nicola Church to see if they can track down some records.
For future conversations, apart from every single name in the town... the main four are - Vitale, Romeo ...
Does anyone have any good contacts for the Siderno area in Calabria?
I'd like to get a hold of someone ideally at the San Nicola Church to see if they can track down some records.
For future conversations, apart from every single name in the town... the main four are - Vitale, Romeo ...
- 27 Feb 2025, 00:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finding records in Molfetta
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1700
Re: Finding records in Molfetta
On FamilySearch the Molfetta Catalog will only get you BMD's to 1910.
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/catalog/430207
https://www.familysearch.org/en/search/catalog/430207
- 03 Feb 2025, 08:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Young boys emigrating from Italy to Australia
- Replies: 2
- Views: 28133
Re: Young boys emigrating from Italy to Australia
Do you know much about your grandfathers parents on both sides? Is it possible that they passed away at young ages leaving behind small children?
We've all read how tough it would have been during that time in Italy but to send 13/14 years olds on a 4 week boat trip to a foreign country seems odd ...
We've all read how tough it would have been during that time in Italy but to send 13/14 years olds on a 4 week boat trip to a foreign country seems odd ...
- 31 Jan 2025, 05:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help regarding Cosmo Cirillo Born 25 May 1894 Molfetta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2240
Re: Help regarding Cosmo Cirillo Born 25 May 1894 Molfetta
I wonder why it's a closed paper? Usually for about $30 they release that archive... how frustrating. Are you in Australia? I noticed that Antonia Candida's brother Nicolo made it to Australia as well, but on the FamilySearch tree nothing was noted of his marriages... is there a reason for that? NAA ...
- 31 Jan 2025, 00:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help regarding Cosmo Cirillo Born 25 May 1894 Molfetta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 2240
Re: Help regarding Cosmo Cirillo Born 25 May 1894 Molfetta
You can also try contacting NAA (Nation Archives Australia) - when you search for Cosmo he does have a couple of files to his name which could help your research. He arrived in SA 1921 then it says he nominated for his sister in-law Maria Domenica in 1934 so that's also worth a try.
https ...
https ...
- 24 Jan 2025, 05:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need guidance on how to find info on Great grandparents
- Replies: 11
- Views: 2737
Re: Need guidance on how to find info on Great grandparents
Hi Julie,
I found a couple birth records of your Azzarelli's in Egypt.
Lucia Antonia Azzarelli born Cairo 18 May 1893 - side note she married Georgio Zupponi in Alexandria 29 May 1910
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS5X-C9RZ-V?cat=726145&i=1379
Constantino Azzarelli born Cairo ...
I found a couple birth records of your Azzarelli's in Egypt.
Lucia Antonia Azzarelli born Cairo 18 May 1893 - side note she married Georgio Zupponi in Alexandria 29 May 1910
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS5X-C9RZ-V?cat=726145&i=1379
Constantino Azzarelli born Cairo ...
- 24 Jan 2025, 01:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Place of birth of Grandfather
- Replies: 1
- Views: 9598
Re: Place of birth of Grandfather
Hi Shaun,
Even though I'm a year late on this response, I hope you are still active on the forum.
Your wife's grandfather was born 28th December 1889 in Cairo Egypt. He was named Innocenzo Maria Giorgio Laurella. His parents were Giovanni Laurella and Maria Zahra. The link below is his birth ...
Even though I'm a year late on this response, I hope you are still active on the forum.
Your wife's grandfather was born 28th December 1889 in Cairo Egypt. He was named Innocenzo Maria Giorgio Laurella. His parents were Giovanni Laurella and Maria Zahra. The link below is his birth ...
- 13 Jul 2023, 04:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death Record Translation for Baldassare Di Giuseppe
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1503
Re: Death Record Translation for Baldassare Di Giuseppe
Hi P.M.Cass
This is how I see it.
Baldassare Di Giuseppe died 70 yrs old - Occupation - Farmer
His dad Savino was also a Farmer.
I'm not sure on the next so hopefully someone can confirm - his wife is Dea Archimio?
Theres also the name Maria ... Marchitelli mentioned? His mum's name?
This is how I see it.
Baldassare Di Giuseppe died 70 yrs old - Occupation - Farmer
His dad Savino was also a Farmer.
I'm not sure on the next so hopefully someone can confirm - his wife is Dea Archimio?
Theres also the name Maria ... Marchitelli mentioned? His mum's name?
- 12 Jul 2023, 02:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help deciphering handwriting
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3121
Re: Help deciphering handwriting
Here's another piece to your puzzle Friederock
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 03/wWp4QdL
1820 Marriage - Antonio Golino - Maria Teresa Cecere
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 03/wWp4QdL
1820 Marriage - Antonio Golino - Maria Teresa Cecere
- 12 Jul 2023, 01:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help deciphering handwriting
- Replies: 14
- Views: 3121
Re: Help deciphering handwriting
I agree it's Angela Delli Paoli - that surname is from the Campania area