Search found 24 matches
- 10 Jul 2025, 00:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Record for Guerino Carrarini
- Replies: 11
- Views: 22828
Re: Birth Record for Guerino Carrarini
Thanks, again! I’m trying to find any marriage records in the States for Guerino. My current theory is that his first marriage was to my great aunt Giulia Teofilo.
- 07 Jul 2025, 22:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Record for Guerino Carrarini
- Replies: 11
- Views: 22828
Re: Birth Record for Guerino Carrarini
Thank you so much for this additional information. It is very helpful. The reason I’m interested in Guerino is that I think he might have been married to my great aunt Giulia Teofilo, a native of Conversano and daughter of Vito Pietro and Maria Nardomarino. Guerino is the informant on her 1922 death ...
- 04 Jul 2025, 15:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Record for Guerino Carrarini
- Replies: 11
- Views: 22828
Birth Record for Guerino Carrarini
Hello.
I am looking for the birth record of Guerino Carrarini, born in Rome. I am having issues with the Ancestors Portal. He is the son of Louis Carrarini and Maria Ann Camfria.
I have two possible birth dates for him:
30 Jul 1892
30 Jun 1893
Thank you for any help.
Christina
I am looking for the birth record of Guerino Carrarini, born in Rome. I am having issues with the Ancestors Portal. He is the son of Louis Carrarini and Maria Ann Camfria.
I have two possible birth dates for him:
30 Jul 1892
30 Jun 1893
Thank you for any help.
Christina
- 03 Jul 2025, 00:37
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Grandfather's suit
- Replies: 2
- Views: 53253
Re: Grandfather's suit
I think it is some type of sash.
- 24 May 2025, 13:54
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Grandfather's suit
- Replies: 2
- Views: 53253
Grandfather's suit
Hello, everyone.
This is a picture of my grandfather Vincenzo Stefano "Steve" Conti, early 1930's. He was born in Carovilli in 1891. He emigrated to the US in 1912. He fought in WWI as a newly naturalized American citizen in the 332nd Infantry, the only American Infantry to fight in Italy for the ...
This is a picture of my grandfather Vincenzo Stefano "Steve" Conti, early 1930's. He was born in Carovilli in 1891. He emigrated to the US in 1912. He fought in WWI as a newly naturalized American citizen in the 332nd Infantry, the only American Infantry to fight in Italy for the ...
- 09 Mar 2025, 13:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Am I eligible for 1948 case?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 36984
Re: Am I eligible for 1948 case?
Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately, my grandfather naturalized in 1918, and my father was born in 1926, so I might not have a case at all.
Unfortunately, my grandfather naturalized in 1918, and my father was born in 1926, so I might not have a case at all.
- 23 Feb 2025, 03:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Am I eligible for 1948 case?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 36984
Am I eligible for 1948 case?
Hello, all.
GF - born in Italy 1891. Naturalized in the US in 1918.
GM - born in Italy 1897. Never Naturalized. Married GF in 1924 in the US. Died in 1931 enroute to Italy from the US. She either was buried at sea or in Italy.
F - born in the US in 1926.
Am I eligible through my grandmother ...
GF - born in Italy 1891. Naturalized in the US in 1918.
GM - born in Italy 1897. Never Naturalized. Married GF in 1924 in the US. Died in 1931 enroute to Italy from the US. She either was buried at sea or in Italy.
F - born in the US in 1926.
Am I eligible through my grandmother ...
- 31 Jan 2025, 11:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Letter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2374
Re: Translation of Letter
Grazie mille, Pippo!
Christina
Christina
- 31 Jan 2025, 02:25
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of Letter
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2374
Translation of Letter
Hello, all.
Can someone please translate this letter from my great aunt Maria to my father's stepmother Lucy? It was written in the 1960's. I can't make out a lot of the words in order to type it into a translation tool.
Thank you so much for any help.
Christina
Can someone please translate this letter from my great aunt Maria to my father's stepmother Lucy? It was written in the 1960's. I can't make out a lot of the words in order to type it into a translation tool.
Thank you so much for any help.
Christina
- 28 Jan 2025, 03:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: USCIS Documents
- Replies: 1
- Views: 25155
USCIS Documents
Hello, all.
I ordered an A File and AR-2 Form from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services for my great uncle Antonio Parisi who was born in Italy and died in the US in 1952. I thought I should have received it in the fall of 2024. I checked on my case ID this week, and the status is ...
I ordered an A File and AR-2 Form from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services for my great uncle Antonio Parisi who was born in Italy and died in the US in 1952. I thought I should have received it in the fall of 2024. I checked on my case ID this week, and the status is ...
- 01 Dec 2024, 22:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Second birth name on this record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2610
Re: Second birth name on this record
Thank you! Yes, this is the only page I have and only reference to this name.
- 01 Dec 2024, 14:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Second birth name on this record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2610
Second birth name on this record
Hello, all.
Can anyone make out the second name on this birth record for my great uncle Amante?
Thank you!
Christina
Can anyone make out the second name on this birth record for my great uncle Amante?
Thank you!
Christina
- 22 Sep 2024, 02:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Burials at Sea
- Replies: 0
- Views: 5575
Burials at Sea
Hello, all.
My grandmother Antonia Teofilo Conti from Conversano, Italy died on the steamer Augustus in 1931. The cause of death is listed as tuberculosis. The ship left from the port of New York. Her death record from Ancestor's Portal:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua36062576 ...
My grandmother Antonia Teofilo Conti from Conversano, Italy died on the steamer Augustus in 1931. The cause of death is listed as tuberculosis. The ship left from the port of New York. Her death record from Ancestor's Portal:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua36062576 ...
- 24 Jul 2024, 23:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with marriage record
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2904
Re: Help with marriage record
Yes, as always, you are so helpful. Thank you for the explanation.
I hope you are well, my friend!
Christina
I hope you are well, my friend!
Christina
- 24 Jul 2024, 17:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with marriage record
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2904
Re: Help with marriage record
Hi Angela!
So glad to hear from you! Thank you for the information. My concern was with the word after "minore", which I can't really tell. Is it "oppostito"? What is that word?
Christina
So glad to hear from you! Thank you for the information. My concern was with the word after "minore", which I can't really tell. Is it "oppostito"? What is that word?
Christina