Search found 5 matches

by savannah
03 Jun 2026, 04:01
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Immigration story.
Replies: 2
Views: 10896

Re: Immigration story.


Hello, I have been researching my 3rd great grandfather, Francesco DiCarmine/DiCarmino (I'll link a thread with more info on him) and since I cannot find more records on him, I have started using alternative approaches in order to find where he was from in Italy, e.g. looking at DNA and contacting ...
by savannah
24 Mar 2025, 03:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Michele Christoforo Garelli & Philasia De Nocker
Replies: 18
Views: 28271

Re: Michele Christoforo Garelli & Philasia De Nocker


Dear all,

I am researching for more data on "Michele Christoforo Garelli" ( born 08-02-1871 in Margarita (Cunéo - Italy) and his wife " Philasia de Nocker" (born 24-12-1866 Sas Van Gent - The Netherlands)
They married 06-04-1912 in Ghent ( belgium) and moved to Palermo where they ran a Hotel ...
by savannah
22 Aug 2024, 04:30
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Need Assistance Regarding Property Inheritance
Replies: 5
Views: 43369

Re: Need Assistance Regarding Property Inheritance

The notation lack of legal documents justifying one of more intermediate steps under Reservations likely indicates missing legal documents related to previous ownership transfers. The property may have once been classified as social housing, but the notation A/4: Social housing suggests it may no ...
by savannah
22 Aug 2024, 04:27
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for someone
Replies: 2
Views: 30721

Re: Looking for someone

Have you tried to contact Italian military archives or organizations that might have records of soldiers stationed at Blenheim Palace in 1969-1970? Slope Game
by savannah
15 Feb 2024, 07:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Birth Certificates of Twins
Replies: 5
Views: 1623

Re: Birth Certificates of Twins

I advise looking for baptismal or christening records in church records if your family belonged to a specific denomination. Details regarding the twins' births may be included in these documents.