Search found 7 matches

by jlfr
26 Nov 2024, 17:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)
Replies: 7
Views: 1662

Re: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)


You say they first immigrated to South America, and then, I guess, to the USA.
Do you have their ship manifests?
Have you tried sites with ship lists from Italy to South America?


I tried some. The problem is that I don't have an exact date. But I did look at some lists - some were PDF files ...
by jlfr
26 Nov 2024, 05:00
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)
Replies: 7
Views: 1662

Re: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)

Hi everyone. My reply to @mmogno I posted on Sep 29 was finally cleared by mod team like 3 days ago. So I'd like to circle back and see if it's possible to have this topic/conversation revived. Perhaps new information or ideas could help me out on my quest.

Thank you.
by jlfr
15 Oct 2024, 22:10
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Forum moderators - how can I contact them?
Replies: 2
Views: 34065

Forum moderators - how can I contact them?

Greetings everyone!

Are there forum moderators I can contact besides the two people who hold admin roles?

Thanks.
by jlfr
05 Oct 2024, 00:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)
Replies: 7
Views: 1662

Re: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)


Let us help you with your search...

As mmogno says: It is difficult without names, dates, places.

T.


Thank your for participating, T.!

There's a reply I left for mmogno that is still in moderation. As soon as moderation clears it and it shows up, you will be able to see complementary ...
by jlfr
29 Sep 2024, 21:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)
Replies: 7
Views: 1662

Re: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)

Thank you so much for replying, mmogno!


It is very difficult to help you if you don't want to share the names, dates and places of birth, and family relationships of the people you are looking for.


I apologize. I'm not contrary to sharing in private.

I've already entered many combinations ...
by jlfr
29 Sep 2024, 11:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)
Replies: 7
Views: 1662

Liste di leva, brick wall, unsuccessful searches (Padova / Treviso)

Greetings everyone,

I’m here because I need some brick wall busting help. Before I explain where I am, allow me to try my best to share everything I’ve done so far (in the most concise manner possible):

I’m searching for information about my great-grandparents.

I once was able to trace one side ...