Search found 3 matches
- 07 Oct 2024, 03:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Last Name Mixups
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5768
Re: Last Name Mixups
My last name is Scaglione. If you repost the imsge I can tell you if its that since Im used to recognizing it by the look in old documents.
- 07 Oct 2024, 03:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Connecticut State Library; anybody with experience?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 5499
Re: Connecticut State Library; anybody with experience?
I am related through marriages to Spallone family from Macchia Valfortore. Some left Italy for New York and others PA but at least one family that I saw moved to Connecticut (New Haven and Bridgeport). I know that if you dig then ylu can find the birth and death certificates for Macchia but I did ...
- 07 Oct 2024, 03:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Giuseppe DI IORIO immigration date, information
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10094
Re: Giuseppe DI IORIO immigration date, information
Hi,
I dont know if you still check this but many of the people who left Macchia Valfortore went to Hatch Street in Elmira NY before stsying or moving elsewhere. My great grandmother left abt 1898 and lists Hatch Street as her destination in Elmira where her sister had setyled. My great grandmother ...
I dont know if you still check this but many of the people who left Macchia Valfortore went to Hatch Street in Elmira NY before stsying or moving elsewhere. My great grandmother left abt 1898 and lists Hatch Street as her destination in Elmira where her sister had setyled. My great grandmother ...