Search found 7 matches
- 12 Jun 2026, 18:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: sanguinetti
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1237
Re: sanguinetti
I have attached a word document that documents my research. I don't have any hard evidence but want to believe he originated from the Genoa area around 1830. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.
- 11 Jun 2026, 22:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: sanguinetti
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1237
sanguinetti
I'm trying to find where my gggf Jacob Sanguinetti (b 1826 Italy, d. 1889 in Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA) was from in Italy. I'd love to collaborate with others researching the Sanguinetti Family.
- 16 Feb 2025, 22:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1085
Re: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
Here is the marriage bond.
I mentioned the size of Vicksburg because it seems possible that any and all Sanguinetti/s who initially settled there would be related. I noted a Nicholas Sanguinetti.
I mentioned the size of Vicksburg because it seems possible that any and all Sanguinetti/s who initially settled there would be related. I noted a Nicholas Sanguinetti.
- 16 Feb 2025, 22:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1085
Re: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
The attached 1850 census has a John Sanguinetti but the age does not line up with a DoB of 1826. Of course it could be an error. Also attached is the1870 census and 1847 passenger list.
- 16 Feb 2025, 22:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1085
Re: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
For context, Vicksburg is a fairly small town in Mississippi that sits on the Mississippi River. It is a couple hundred miles upriver from New Orleans, Louisiana, which served as a port of entry for some emigrants.
Here a couple of the documents:
1880 Vicksburg Census
Naturalization Document ...
Here a couple of the documents:
1880 Vicksburg Census
Naturalization Document ...
- 16 Feb 2025, 16:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1085
Re: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
I found his death notice in a newspaper. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide any additional clues.
- 10 Jan 2025, 21:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1085
Jacob Sanguinetti (1826-1898) Vicksburg, Mississippi, USA
I have hit a road block connecting my Great Great Grand Father to his origin in Italy. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
My father's family line leads me to Jacob (Jack) Sanguinetti presumed from Italy. (Family line: Jacob Sanguinetti, 1826 – 1898, Italy; John Sanguinetti, 1868 – 1928 ...
My father's family line leads me to Jacob (Jack) Sanguinetti presumed from Italy. (Family line: Jacob Sanguinetti, 1826 – 1898, Italy; John Sanguinetti, 1868 – 1928 ...