Thanks so much for your help! I wanted to confirm it looks like his father’s name is Lorenzo, so that’s very helpful. Do you have think that says “de Domenico” as opposed to “de Donnici”?
Thanks again!
Search found 17 matches
- 21 Jul 2026, 18:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation of death record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 920
- 21 Jul 2026, 02:35
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation of death record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 920
Help with translation of death record
Hi,
I was hoping someone could help translate this page in a marriage processetti. I believe it’s a death record for Ignazio Fortino, the grandfather of the spouse Teresa Fortino
Thanks in advance!
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 64/5Va9jWP
I was hoping someone could help translate this page in a marriage processetti. I believe it’s a death record for Ignazio Fortino, the grandfather of the spouse Teresa Fortino
Thanks in advance!
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 64/5Va9jWP
- 20 Jan 2026, 22:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation of annotation
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3309
Translation of annotation
Hi,
Is anyone able to translate the annotation added to Francesco Lico's birth record: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 08/5BPDRMQ
Thank you kindly in advance!!
Is anyone able to translate the annotation added to Francesco Lico's birth record: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 08/5BPDRMQ
Thank you kindly in advance!!
- 17 Jan 2026, 20:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation help
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5050
Re: Translation help
The name was chosen by the official of the town. It was usually a "fantasy name" or one not found in the town. Many towns gave the surnames like "Proietti" "Trovato" or "Esposito" to foundlings which made it obvious that they were abandoned.
T.
Ah so it’s unlikely it had any ties to his real ...
- 17 Jan 2026, 19:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation help
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5050
Re: Translation help
Just my 2 cents, as you say.
……..una fascia di cotone bianco, tre pezzuole di tela bianca, una cuffietta bianca ed un fazzoletto bianco, tutti laceri….
…….a white cotton band, three white cloth pieces, a white cap and a white handkerchief, all torn…..
He was sent to the Ospizio di Cosenza ...
- 17 Jan 2026, 19:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation help
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5050
Re: Translation help
This is the birth of a foundling...
On 21 October 1879, Concetta Sena/Serra, a 40yo spinner, appeared before the official at the town hall in S. Marco Argentano, to present a male childwho appeared to be 3 days old [so born about 18 October], who was found with a band of white, 3 ??? of white ...
- 16 Jan 2026, 20:49
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation help
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5050
Translation help
Hi,
Is someone able to assist me in translating the birth record for Rosalbino Barca?
The following is the link to his record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 34/La1N1xR
Is someone able to assist me in translating the birth record for Rosalbino Barca?
The following is the link to his record:
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 34/La1N1xR
- 26 Sep 2025, 17:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Translation and Reading
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6745
Re: Help with Translation and Reading
For some reason it's not letting me upload the link I'm so frustrated - it keeps giving me an error page any time/way i try to post it (maybe because I'm a newer user)
its for Vincenzo Pugliano, b. 22 Oct 1833 Paterno Calabro, Cosenza, Calabria, number 57, p. 30/38 (though I dont expect you or ...
its for Vincenzo Pugliano, b. 22 Oct 1833 Paterno Calabro, Cosenza, Calabria, number 57, p. 30/38 (though I dont expect you or ...
- 26 Sep 2025, 15:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with Translation and Reading
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6745
Help with Translation and Reading
Hello,
I've attached the screenshot (and link) to this particular birth record I'm trying to read. The parents are not listed, but I want to translate the text about it as well. Thank you kindly in advance for anyone who can help!
I've attached the screenshot (and link) to this particular birth record I'm trying to read. The parents are not listed, but I want to translate the text about it as well. Thank you kindly in advance for anyone who can help!
- 31 Jul 2025, 15:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hit a wall in my research
- Replies: 4
- Views: 23451
Re: Hit a wall in my research
Is this your family tree?
https://www.familysearch.org/en/tree/person/details/GR13-Q38
Where did you see that Saverio was married twice?
Looking at their sons dates of birth it’s not possible that he did.
It looks like the 2 wives were alive at the same time and giving birth in alternate years ...
- 04 Jun 2025, 14:33
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: RE: Help Translating Parochial record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4929
Re: RE: Help Translating Parochial record
Thanks for your help!!
- 03 Jun 2025, 01:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hit a wall in my research
- Replies: 4
- Views: 23451
Re: Hit a wall in my research
I think you must be right about them being two different Saverios given the overlap. My ancestor is Saverio’s son Francesco, meaning Saverio with wife Saveria Borrello is the correct Saverio. I can’t find the 1839 record right now but this is a marriage record of Francesco and his first wife (and ...
- 03 Jun 2025, 00:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: RE: Help Translating Parochial record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4929
Re: RE: Help Translating Parochial record
Church of Sant'Oliverio in Lapignano of Dipignano (Cosenza), on February 24, 1758.
Ippolito Bozzo is the son of Natale, from S. Ippolito.
Lucia Miniaci is the daughter of Felice, from this parish (Sant'Oliverio).
Thank you!! My only issue is that I understood his father’s name to be “Antonio ...
- 02 Jun 2025, 22:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hit a wall in my research
- Replies: 4
- Views: 23451
Hit a wall in my research
I’m researching my ancestor Saverio Fortino, who I believe was born around 1770, likely in Donnici, Cosenza, Calabria (Donnici was previously governed by Pietrafitta, then Aprigliano, then was annexed to the city Cosenza in 1857 - though I believe they still maintained their own records despite this ...
- 02 Jun 2025, 22:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: RE: Help Translating Parochial record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4929
RE: Help Translating Parochial record
Hi,
I found a record for a relative (attached) in the Chiesa San Oliverio records online. I'm not well versed in latin (esp. not in this handwriting), could someone help me translate it? I know it's a marriage record for Lucia Miniaci and Ippolito**** Bozzo, and the date is February 24, 1758 (I ...
I found a record for a relative (attached) in the Chiesa San Oliverio records online. I'm not well versed in latin (esp. not in this handwriting), could someone help me translate it? I know it's a marriage record for Lucia Miniaci and Ippolito**** Bozzo, and the date is February 24, 1758 (I ...