Search found 5 matches

by bxcsw
22 May 2004, 21:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: SILO Surname
Replies: 6
Views: 10251

no need to get nasty

PTIMBER: Look, If I were so well versed I would not be trying to find info!
It's a shame that you have a problem with newcomers.

To all others who have helped with my search...THANK YOU!
by bxcsw
03 Apr 2004, 04:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: SILO Surname
Replies: 6
Views: 10251

SILO Surname

I have looked at many (english) italian genealogy sites and cannot find anything about the surname SILO. I believe my ancestors traveled to Northern Ireland from the Rome, Italy area about 1800-1830. My ancestor's name is Modesto Silo. If anyone has a site that may be helpful or anything on this ...
by bxcsw
20 Dec 2003, 17:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname "Silo"
Replies: 6
Views: 9597

Thanks Peter and suanj,
Yes, George Louis Silo and Lizzie Little did have a son, Modesto. George Luis' father was also named Modesto and it is he who married a women named Luigi.
I will check the sites and Italian clubs in Ireland.
Thank you both so much for your help!
by bxcsw
20 Dec 2003, 15:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname "Silo"
Replies: 6
Views: 9597

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, the only additional info I have is that Modesto Silo married a woman with the surname Luigi. A family story is that Modesto Silo was from a prominant family, (unknown area), and he married and left Italy because his family disapproved of the marriage to Ms Luigi ...
by bxcsw
20 Dec 2003, 13:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname "Silo"
Replies: 6
Views: 9597

Surname "Silo"

I am researching my father's line of ancestry and it traces back to the Belfast area of Northern Ireland. The family name is "Silo", and I found that "Modesto Silo" is in the 1851 Belfast directory as a carver, guilder, and Italian interperter. Some of Modesto's children have the names Carlo, Rosa ...