Search found 10 matches

by Shari
28 Feb 2006, 00:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Who to write to for a birth record in Ischia di Castro?
Replies: 4
Views: 4558

Re: Who to write to for a birth record in Ischia di Castro?

OK... so..since I only know a very small amount of the most tiny words.
Would anyone have a form letter in Italian?
by Shari
27 Feb 2006, 23:53
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Who to write to for a birth record in Ischia di Castro?
Replies: 4
Views: 4558

Who to write to for a birth record in Ischia di Castro?

Hello,

What address do I write to get a birth record in Ischia di Castro?
Is it OK to write in English,, or would it be more polite to send a request in Italian?
by Shari
09 Jan 2004, 19:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

You know I did not think of that. :oops:

Sometimes I forget that names are Englishized when the arrive here.

Thank you again!!
by Shari
08 Jan 2004, 23:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

The only picture I have of him was his last one. I could not find any other pictures of him. There is nothing on the back of the picture.

I just wish I could find out what the Italian communty in Ipswich and Gloucester, MA, knew of him. They always told us we were Italian and to never forget it ...
by Shari
08 Jan 2004, 19:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

I think that the name Sagawinia is a made up name, or a play on words.
Think his last wife helped him make it up. She has passed on, but before that she still would not talk to any family that was from one of his other wives.

If I break down the name...
Saga- means~ story
Winia- in latin means ...
by Shari
08 Jan 2004, 18:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

HI,

Yes, I know a major pain. After 20+ years of research, I sure know who he was not. 8O Sigh ~ ~ ~

Checking with Ellis Island records, I found a family of Interest.
Duilio Ship Manifest from Napoli on 25 Nov 1924
Aurora, Joseph 42y old
Aurora, Maria 32y old
Aurora, Joseph 6 year old, which ...
by Shari
07 Jan 2004, 20:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

Looked at the Ellis Island link....

There more Aurora's there than when I last looked. There are more possible families and people.

Will have to take a look at the Ohio," Aurora" Family and the Joseph Aurora that went to Connecticut.

Just have run into so many brick walls with this Grandfather ...
by Shari
07 Jan 2004, 04:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

Hi,

I did look at some of the Ellis Island records, but did not comb through in detail. Will look at them again.

Have loked at records for all the names I was told he used, In Ipswich and Gloucester MA, Maine and Texas, in City, state, Federal, census, birth, death, ss,,, etc, and the most info I ...
by Shari
07 Jan 2004, 01:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aurora Family from Napoli Italy
Replies: 12
Views: 11669

Aurora Family from Napoli Italy

Looking for any information on the Aurora families of Napoli Italy.

Am pretty sure Grandfather's name was Joseph Aurora, born about 1900 to 1915, in Napoli.
His mother's name was Maria Aurora, so I have been told.
The family history is very confusing.

They came to the US, East coast and was told ...