Search found 5 matches
- 11 Jun 2004, 00:09
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Partisans
- Replies: 9
- Views: 19689
Re: Italian Partisans search
Thanks so much, ptimber, I'm so glad to find more news about what happened when captured partisans were liberated. Unfortunately, nothing on a name search, but this is interesting.
- 11 Jun 2004, 00:06
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian Partisans
- Replies: 9
- Views: 19689
Re: Italian Partisans search
Thanks so much, ptimber, I'm so glad to find more news about what happened when captured partisans were liberated. Unfortunately, nothing on a name search, but this is interesting.
- 03 May 2004, 19:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Elmi (surname)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8586
Italian citizen POWs, WWII
I found a WWII term, "nazi lager." Lager usually means light beer to Americans, but this term refers to a Nazi labor or concentration camp:
laager -
bivouac, camp, cantonment, encampment (online dictionary)
I discovered WWII Italians were confined at Bologna and Venice.
POW info:
http://www ...
laager -
bivouac, camp, cantonment, encampment (online dictionary)
I discovered WWII Italians were confined at Bologna and Venice.
POW info:
http://www ...
- 03 Mar 2004, 03:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Elmi (surname)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8586
- 18 Feb 2004, 01:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Elmi (surname)
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8586
Elmi (surname)
Peter and suanj gave me the info below.
Central & North Italy (517 Elmi focused in region Emilia Romagna)
The surname i found in Friuli Venezia Giulia, Croatia, and Camugnano (province Bologna, region Emilia Romagna). Elmi nobles in Montefalco (province Perugia, region Umbria). Costanza (town?)
Central & North Italy (517 Elmi focused in region Emilia Romagna)
The surname i found in Friuli Venezia Giulia, Croatia, and Camugnano (province Bologna, region Emilia Romagna). Elmi nobles in Montefalco (province Perugia, region Umbria). Costanza (town?)