Hi everyone!
I've been doing some research on my family, and I've come across an interesting question. I've been luck enough to come across my great grandfather's (Arcangelo Michele Luongo) nationalization card and WW2 Registration.
Here is my question, in the registration form it lists his place of birth as: City/County: Villa Mina
Country: Italy
I have no idea where that is! I can't seem to find it at all. Has anyone heard of this place before? Is it possible that this was just the name of the house in which he was born???
THanks in advance,
Chris
Villa Mina
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Villa Mina
Perhaps Villamaina? The comune's website is here.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Villa Mina
Another possibilty: Villamagna.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Villa Mina
You can check this list, but those are the only likely names that caught my eye.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Villa Mina
Based on Luongo manifests on Ellis Island (for locations beginning with a 'V'),
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
it appears that Villamaina, province of Avellino, Campania region is correct
Valarie
http://stevemorse.org/ellis2/ellisgold.html
it appears that Villamaina, province of Avellino, Campania region is correct
Valarie
- QuelLuongo
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 00:23
Re: Villa Mina
Thanks guys!! Villamaina would make a lot of sense! The WW2 draft is written in very neat handwriting, while the signature is very sloppy. Perhaps one of Arcangelo's children wrote it for him and did not understand the phonetics of Italian.
Grazie mille per il tutto aiuto!!
Chris
Grazie mille per il tutto aiuto!!
Chris