Finding Funeral Home

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Finding Funeral Home

Post by suanj »

grazie Carmine!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Finding Funeral Home

Post by johnnyonthespot »

suanj wrote:grazie Carmine!
suanj
anche a te, Raffaella!
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
nagnello
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 02:42
Location: Westminster, CA

Re: Finding Funeral Home

Post by nagnello »

thanks for all the info. I called the funeral home and they do not keep death certificates. That what I am looking for. I will have to keep digging. Thans again, Nina
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Finding Funeral Home

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Nina, Just to clarify - have you requested a manual search of the death records by the Cook County Clerk's office?

Cook County Clerk David Orr
Bureau of Vital Records - Genealogy
P.O. Box 642570
Chicago, IL 60664-2570

genealogy@cookcountygov.com (remove the spaces)

Downloadable request form: http://cookcountygenealogy.com/pdf/Gene ... rriage.pdf
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
nagnello
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 02:42
Location: Westminster, CA

Re: Finding Funeral Home

Post by nagnello »

That is my next step. I was hoping one of my relatives who is traveling to Chicago next month could actually go to the clerks office, but I don't want to cut into their vacation time. thanks.
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Finding Funeral Home

Post by johnnyonthespot »

nagnello wrote:That is my next step. I was hoping one of my relatives who is traveling to Chicago next month could actually go to the clerks office, but I don't want to cut into their vacation time. thanks.
Or, just do this: http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecord ... athfrm.pdf
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Post Reply