I have written to every state archive centre in the central region of Italy where my great grandfather is said to have been from with negative results. I'm not sure if LDS films would help me out because I don't know the exact area he was born.
The only information I have on him is that he is from a family of farmers, was born in approximately 1884 and I have a rough translation of his parent's names as indicated on his British Identity Book and marriage certificate.
Here is the information I do have;
Name: Francesco Roselli born approx. 1884 unknown location, Italy. A great aunt thinks she had a birth document at one time that said "Napoli" on it, but it has long since been misplaced and we can't confirm that. He immigrated to Scotland sometime before 1912 (we believe it may have been around January 1911) by unknown means.
Parents: Sylvador Roselli & Lena George - Sylvador was deceased before 1912 - neither parents ever acquired another nationality so I assume they never left Italy. Sylvador is also spelled Silvatore depending on which document you are looking at.
There is an application for poor relief that was filed by Francesco and his wife in Scotland that states he was unemployed and awaiting summons from the Italian army however we haven't been able to track down any military records either.
I also know that Francesco was a musicante and have a photo of him in his band uniform, but so far have only been able to identify it as a uniform from the "Meridionale" area of Italy.
Any ideas for me?? TIA!


