Can anyone give me more information about Molfetta. I am interested where the allied forces would have been based during World War 2. Also, how many provinces there are and if there a central birth index for the years 1943 - 1946
thanks
Kevin
Molfetta
- Giuseppe123
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 00:00
- Location: Hillsborough NJ USA
- Contact:
Re: Molfetta
http://www.comune.molfetta.ba.it/pub/default.asp
It is all in Italian
Molfetta is a Comune ( Town ) in the province of Bari.
The municipio will have the birth register for all years since 1870 (circa)
Most of the allied forces in WWII would be around the ports of Bari and Taranto.
It is all in Italian
Molfetta is a Comune ( Town ) in the province of Bari.
The municipio will have the birth register for all years since 1870 (circa)
Most of the allied forces in WWII would be around the ports of Bari and Taranto.
Re: Molfetta
Birth, marriage and death records are kept in the town of origin:
E-mail
Comune : urp.comune.molfetta@iqsnet.it
Web Links
Comune : www.comune.molfetta.ba.it
For a list of Regions, Provinces and town:
(Molfetta is in Bari Province)
http://allstates-flag.com/fotw/flags/it-reg.html#regi
wldspirit
Comune : urp.comune.molfetta@iqsnet.it
Web Links
Comune : www.comune.molfetta.ba.it
For a list of Regions, Provinces and town:
(Molfetta is in Bari Province)
http://allstates-flag.com/fotw/flags/it-reg.html#regi
wldspirit
Re: Molfetta
Kevin: this is an good website of Molfetta and Molfettesi(the people of Molfetta) http://www.quindici-molfetta.it/sotto.aspsawdoc wrote:Can anyone give me more information about Molfetta. I am interested where the allied forces would have been based during World War 2. Also, how many provinces there are and if there a central birth index for the years 1943 - 1946
thanks
Kevin
you can send an email and ask all info available on Molfetta...regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Molfetta
Hi All
Im sorry but i have been away and not had a chance to thank you all for your replies. The are most helpful. I have another question though.
From the birth records that are kept at the Municipio in Bari would it be possible to search for a first name only along with the mothers first name or is it only possible with a surname. It would be a girl born in 1945 -46 I presume you might guess why I ask this. My father was in the British Army and met a girl called Dirce they had a daughter called Elizabeth. My father had to leave and for various reasons I wont go into, didnt return. Can anyone help me to find my sister?
many thanks
Kevin
Kevin
Im sorry but i have been away and not had a chance to thank you all for your replies. The are most helpful. I have another question though.
From the birth records that are kept at the Municipio in Bari would it be possible to search for a first name only along with the mothers first name or is it only possible with a surname. It would be a girl born in 1945 -46 I presume you might guess why I ask this. My father was in the British Army and met a girl called Dirce they had a daughter called Elizabeth. My father had to leave and for various reasons I wont go into, didnt return. Can anyone help me to find my sister?
many thanks
Kevin
Kevin
Re: Molfetta
I don't believe it is possible to request a search on first names only,
not to mention there is alot of room for error.
Have you tried posting on message boards in Italy......perhaps this sister or someone who knows of this would see it......couldn't hurt..........
NEWSGROUP – FORUM
http://groups.msn.com/GenealogiaItalia/forum.msnw
http://www.bertotti.it/genealogia/genforum.asp
http://www.antenati.org/forum.html
http://www.genealogiaitalia.com/forum/
http://www.anticheopinioni.it/Forum/index.php
http://www.geneanet.org/forum/list.php3?f=49
http://www.geneanet.org/forum/list.php3?f=55
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=it&l ... genealogia
http://www.italiansnet.it/forum/Ultimat ... ookie=true
http://mynews.supereva.it/supereva/supe ... order=sort
http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/soc.ge ... yDate.html
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/GEN-ITALIAN/
http://www.abruzzoforum.com/index.html
http://news-reader.org/soc.genealogy.italian/
http://genforum.genealogy.com/italy/
http://www.bresciaonline.it/
http://it.msnusers.com/COGNOMIIMPERIESI
http://groups.msn.com/Genpals2003/home.htm
Good Luck,
wldspirit
not to mention there is alot of room for error.
Have you tried posting on message boards in Italy......perhaps this sister or someone who knows of this would see it......couldn't hurt..........
NEWSGROUP – FORUM
http://groups.msn.com/GenealogiaItalia/forum.msnw
http://www.bertotti.it/genealogia/genforum.asp
http://www.antenati.org/forum.html
http://www.genealogiaitalia.com/forum/
http://www.anticheopinioni.it/Forum/index.php
http://www.geneanet.org/forum/list.php3?f=49
http://www.geneanet.org/forum/list.php3?f=55
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=it&l ... genealogia
http://www.italiansnet.it/forum/Ultimat ... ookie=true
http://mynews.supereva.it/supereva/supe ... order=sort
http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/soc.ge ... yDate.html
http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/index/GEN-ITALIAN/
http://www.abruzzoforum.com/index.html
http://news-reader.org/soc.genealogy.italian/
http://genforum.genealogy.com/italy/
http://www.bresciaonline.it/
http://it.msnusers.com/COGNOMIIMPERIESI
http://groups.msn.com/Genpals2003/home.htm
Good Luck,
wldspirit
Re: Molfetta
Hi Kevin, is no possible to search in the Common with no surname of Dirce or Elizabeth(Elisabetta), but you can isert an topic here, is an good forum http://forum.kataweb.it/viewforum.php?f ... a67e5a6b98sawdoc wrote:Hi All
Im sorry but i have been away and not had a chance to thank you all for your replies. The are most helpful. I have another question though.
From the birth records that are kept at the Municipio in Bari would it be possible to search for a first name only along with the mothers first name or is it only possible with a surname. It would be a girl born in 1945 -46 I presume you might guess why I ask this. My father was in the British Army and met a girl called Dirce they had a daughter called Elizabeth. My father had to leave and for various reasons I wont go into, didnt return. Can anyone help me to find my sister?
many thanks
Kevin
Kevin
previous registration free, and you can write:
Salve, sono inglese: scrivo per chiedere aiuto.
Cerco mia sorella Elisabetta probabilmente nata a Molfetta o Bari. Mio padre, soldato inglese nella seconda guerra mondiale, ebbe un amore italiano, una donna di nome Dirce, non so il cognome, da cui ebbe questa figlia Elisabetta nata tra il 1945/6. Mio padre non tornò più in Italia per vari motivi. Se qualcuno ha qualche informazione, prego di mettersi in contatto con me, oppure se lei stessa, Elisabetta, si riconosce in questo mio scritto, prego di mettersi in contatto con me anche.
Vorrei chiedere aiuto alle autoritàdi questi due Comuni (Molfetta e/o Bari) ma ho solo questi dati e non so come fare. Vorrei davvero ritrovare mia sorella. Grazie se vorrete aiutarmi.
Kevin
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Molfetta
wldspirit and suanj
thankou so much for your replies they are most helpful. I will do as you suggest.
One other though I had though, is it possible that even though My father and Dirce (as far as I know) were not married would his surname be entered on Elizabeths birth certificate
thanks again
Kevin
thankou so much for your replies they are most helpful. I will do as you suggest.
One other though I had though, is it possible that even though My father and Dirce (as far as I know) were not married would his surname be entered on Elizabeths birth certificate
thanks again
Kevin
Re: Molfetta
Yes is possible that Elisabetta have your same surname if your father legitimate... you can ask an search in Molfetta Common if you sure that the birthplace is just Molfetta.. regards, suanjsawdoc wrote:wldspirit and suanj
thankou so much for your replies they are most helpful. I will do as you suggest.
One other though I had though, is it possible that even though My father and Dirce (as far as I know) were not married would his surname be entered on Elizabeths birth certificate
thanks again
Kevin
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

