What documents are required for jus sanguinis?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
ROSIEonFIRE
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Feb 2018, 20:12

What documents are required for jus sanguinis?

Post by ROSIEonFIRE »

Hi all! I have done quite a bit of research and believe I understand what documents are required and which need translations and apostilles but I would very much appreciate it if someone would check my work for me and confirm that I have my ducks in a row. I have included a link to a google doc I created which has a table of all the documents required, including which ones need to be apostilled and translated. For the record, my line of descent goes GGgF > GgF > gM > M > me, and my mom was born after 1948 so the female descent checks out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HGy ... sp=sharing

Also, I have 1 official church (roman cath) certificate of marriage and 1 official baptism certificate. If I have these docs do I need to get the actual birth and marriage certificate?

Thanks in advance!
User avatar
mler
Master
Master
Posts: 2515
Joined: 01 Apr 2006, 00:00

Re: What documents are required for jus sanguinis?

Post by mler »

Looking good, but you will need the official marriage and birth certificates. Church certificates are generally used only if the certificates issued by the government are impossible to obtain.
User avatar
ROSIEonFIRE
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Feb 2018, 20:12

Re: What documents are required for jus sanguinis?

Post by ROSIEonFIRE »

awesome, thanks again mler! man its so many docs! its annoying that you are required to submit all those docs on your relatives that arent even really involved in your chain of descent... but whatevs, im just happy this program is still running. how about the naturalization document? does that also need to be apostilled and translated? i feel like somewhere i saw something that said that it did not need to be either t'd or a'd but that seems crazy to me.
krystenr1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: 03 Mar 2018, 17:43

Re: What documents are required for jus sanguinis?

Post by krystenr1 »

Naturalization docs don’t need to be translated nor do they need an apostille.
Post Reply