Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
cammianne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 Aug 2017, 19:11

Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by cammianne »

I'm looking for info on Annuziata Valente. She was born approx. 1902 in Italy and the family migrated to the Detroit, Michigan area. I can find her on the ship manifest, and also the 1910 census in Michigan, and the 1920 census with the family in California. After that, I lose her. She's my great grandfather's sister, and I'm assuming the reason I can't find her is most likely, before 1930, she got married. I'm also thinking that she did not keep using the Annunziata name and went by a different first name or nickname. Her father is Pasquale Valente and mother is Lucia (Lucy) Marsella/Marcella. Her sister is Maria Asunta (later known as Susie), and her brothers are Camillo, Pietro, Laurence, Salvatore, Domenico and Guiseppe.

Any help would be appreciated.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

On 1920 the family was in California:
Pasquale Valente
United States Census, 1920
Name:
Pasquale Valente
Event Type:
Census
Event Date:
1920
Event Place:
Alila, Tulare, California, United States
Gender:
Male
Age:
60
Marital Status:
Married
Race:
White
Race (Original):
White
Can Read:
Yes
Can Write:
Yes
Relationship to Head of Household:
Head
Relationship to Head of Household (Original):
Head
Own or Rent:
Own
Birth Year (Estimated):
1860
Birthplace:
Italy
Immigration Year:
1908
Father's Birthplace:
Italy
Mother's Birthplace:
Italy
Sheet Letter:
A
Sheet Number:
7
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Pasquale Valente
Head
Male
60
Italy
Lucia Valente
Wife
Female
60
Italy
Pietro Valente
Son
Male
33
Italy
Samuel Valente
Son
Male
24
Italy
Domenico Valente
Son
Male
21
Italy
Annunziata Valente
Daughter
Female
18
Italy
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1488411
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

and maybe this is the 1930 census:
Nancy Tartage
United States Census, 1930
Name
Nancy Tartage
Event Type
Census
Event Date
1930
Event Place
Alila, Tulare, California, United States
Gender
Female
Age
28
Marital Status
Married
Race
White
Race (Original)
White
Relationship to Head of Household
Wife
Relationship to Head of Household (Original)
Wife
Birth Year (Estimated)
1902
Birthplace
Italy
Immigration Year
1906
Father's Birthplace
Italy
Mother's Birthplace
Italy
Sheet Letter
A
Sheet Number
8
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Gene Tartage
Head
M
32
Italy
Nancy Tartage
Wife
F
28
Italy
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1810731
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

1940:
Nancy Tartaglia
United States Census, 1940
Name
Nancy Tartaglia
Event Type
Census
Event Date
1940
Event Place
Alila Judicial Township, Tulare, California, United States
Sex
Female
Age
38
Marital Status
Married
Race (Original)
White
Race
White
Relationship to Head of Household (Original)
Wife
Relationship to Head of Household
Wife
Birthplace
Italy
Birth Year (Estimated)
1902
Last Place of Residence
Same Place
Household
Role
Sex
Age
Birthplace
Gene Tartaglia
Head
M
42
Italy
Nancy Tartaglia
Wife
F
38
Italy
Gene Tartaglia
Son
M
5
California
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=2000219
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

Nancy Tartaglia
United States Social Security Death Index
Age
88
Given Name
Nancy
Surname
Tartaglia
Birth Date
14 Jan 1902
State
California
Event Date
30 Jan 1990
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

Nancy Valente Tartaglia
California Death Index
Name
Nancy Valente Tartaglia
Event Type
Death
Event Date
30 Jan 1990
Event Place
Tulare, California, United States
Birth Date
14 Jan 1902
Birthplace
Other Country
Gender
Female
Father's Name
Valente
Mother's Name
Lucio
-------------
no doubts!
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

the her son:
Gene Tartaglia
United States Social Security Death Index
Age
52
Given Name
Gene
Surname
Tartaglia
Birth Date
15 Nov 1934
State
California
Event Date
Aug 1986
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

the her husband:
Gene Tartaglia
United States Social Security Death Index
Age
75
Given Name
Gene
Surname
Tartaglia
Birth Date
12 Sep 1897
State
California
Last Place of Residence
Tulare, California
Previous Residence Postal Code
93219
Event Date
Jul 1972
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by Tessa78 »

Great finds, suanj!
You were faster and more thorough :-)

I agree that Nancy Tartaglia is the former Annunziata Valente.

T.
cammianne
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: 24 Aug 2017, 19:11

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by cammianne »

You're the best! I could not figure out what name she was going by (kept trying versions of Ann/Anna, etc.). I never thought of Nancy. Thanks!!
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Looking for info on Annunziata Valente (B.abt 1902)

Post by suanj »

cammianne wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 19:58 You're the best! I could not figure out what name she was going by (kept trying versions of Ann/Anna, etc.). I never thought of Nancy. Thanks!!
Happy to help you! In Italy the first name Annunziata, well, the italian short version is Nunzia... and Nunzia normally is Nancy in USA....

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply