Lombardini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

Does anyone know of someone who does genealogy in Italy. I think I have gone as far as I can with my hunt at this point. My Great Grandfather Leandro, American name Andrew, came from the Lucca area. I have his death certifiicate which shows his parents as Joseph Lombardini and Anna Paulinello. His marriage certificate shows the mother as Mary Parinelli. His Declaration of Intention shows he was born in Lucca, Italy. On his sister Pia's Affidavit for Marriage License, it shows Mother's name as Mary Paulinelli. On Pia's death certificate it shows the Mothers name as Mary Paolinelli. On the brother Gervasio's marriage licenses (2) it shows the Mother as Mary Paulinelli. As usual, any help would be appreciated. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I do not speak or write Italian.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Lombardini

Post by jcsm400 »

Quote: "came from the Lucca area."

To trace family in Italy, you need to know the exact town information.

To determine if Lucca is indeed the correct town, you may want to request military record (foglio matricolare) and/or draft card (lista di leva) from the province archive.

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... 22LUCCA%22



Now, if the town is Lucca & not another town in the province of Lucca, then you can do your own Italian search, if you want, through the films of the LDS Church (Mormons). They have filmed the civil registries (birth, marriage & death acts) for the town of Lucca for 1866-1935.

Available films>

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Now, these films are ordered/rented through your local LDS-Family History Center for about $5.50 each per month (can be renewed).

Locate your FHC>

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

Additional information on obtaining these films.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html

Here are two genealogical word lists that will help with translating the records.

Italian-English

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP

Latin-English

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... LLatin.ASP

For records not in the films>

http://www.provincia.lucca.it/

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, now or later, please ask.

Happy hunting!

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
pj01cj02
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 62
Joined: 15 Aug 2005, 00:00

Re: Lombardini

Post by pj01cj02 »

Thank You very very much. I will try that. I have had so much help from this sit and really appreciate it.
Debbie
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Lombardini

Post by jcsm400 »

You are very welcome, Debbie. If you need anything else, at anytime, just let us.

Joyce
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Post Reply