Surname Velleca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by jcsm400 »

Velleca wrote:Thank You to all who helped! I will try the suggestions. The photo ID, can that just be a copy of a drivers license? I did not know that I was supposed to include that. And I was just wondering what size self addressed return envelope should i include? thanks again.
Yes, a copy of your driver's license is fine.
Recommend the 6 x 9 brown envelope.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by jcsm400 »

Scafati has its own city hall, so the records should be there if that is where the event occurred.

You can try emailing. From what has been posted, I think it maybe a faster method. It also eliminates the photo ID copy & the envelope & IRC expense! :lol: :lol:
Here is the email for the city hall, just in case you don't have it.

sindaco@comune.scafati.sa.it

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Velleca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by Velleca »

ok, thanks again!
User avatar
Michelina
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Feb 2007, 00:00
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by Michelina »

Hi,
My great, great grandfather's name was Raffaele Velleca; his wife was Filomena Nappi. Their daughter, Giuseppa Velleca, married to Francesco D'Aniello came to Rhode Island in 1903 with their daughter, Filomena D'Aniello, my maternal grandmother. They emigrated from Scafati. I know that Filomena Nappi was born around 1850; I assume her husband was born around the same time. Perhaps they were related to your relative Francesco Velleca who immigrated to Rhode Island from Scafati.
User avatar
Gallo1975
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 08 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by Gallo1975 »

Velleca wrote:Hi, I am looking for information on my grear-grandfather Francesco Velleca.
From what I already know, I think he was born around 1862 in Scafati, Salerno, Campania. His wife's name was Theresa, maiden name Langello. He left Italy alone around 1893, and his wife left 3 years later, with their children. I am trying to locate a ship manifest with his name, as I have not been able to find one. I am not sure where he went, Ellis Island or Boston, but he settled in Rhode Island with his family.

Anyways, any help is greatly appreciated, as I have been trying to locate this for a while now. Thanks a lot!
LangellO...sure it's not LangellA? I have Langella's from Scafati in my tree.. sorry if that means nothing to you..one never knows in this tangled web. Did Theresa have any sisters? Maybe one who married a Cutarelli? This is a dead end for me, so I am picking at anything close... and your dates would match mine as far as birth years.
Always looking for info on: Gallo, Perillo, Stelatto, Morganelli, Cutarelli, Aniello/Aiello, Langella, Garitta/Aritta, Hayward, Nicolson & will be happy to swap info too!
Pjc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 09:53

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by Pjc »

Hello

In my tree i have got :

Pasquale Langella b.1874 - Carolina Velleca b.1878 in scafati, salerno

Parents of Carolina :
Giacomo Velleca b.1826 & Filomena De Martino b. 1836 - Scafati, Salerno.

Pierre
DebPartiz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 07 Aug 2020, 07:34

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by DebPartiz »

Hi! I am 13 years too late for this conversation thread, but I am digging into my ancestry and Francisco Velleca is my great-great grandfather! Married to Teresa Langelo. They had Henry Velleca (my great grandfather) who is the father of Celestine Velleca (my grandmother). My Dad is Robert (Gator) Handley. If you are still around and checking up on this, please feel free to reach out! Im Gator’s only child, Deborah Partiz.
daisy20
Elite
Elite
Posts: 462
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 16:29

Re: Surname Velleca

Post by daisy20 »

Post Reply