Does anyone know of a good source to view Italian TV programming on the internet? I'm located in Florida (US) and my local cable provider has no Italian programming available. Supposedly by mid year they are to offer one Channel (Studio 100) I think.
I have found a couple channels by using BeelineTV.com but their links are usually broken.
I always see adds for "internet tv" from any country but it requires a fee. I'd hate to pay for something that is not what it seems.
Any ideas.
Italian Television
- TangoChaser
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 14:54
- Location: Florida USA
- Contact:
Re: Italian Television
You could 'try' this site... it says it's free, but you do need to register to see if there are signals to the various channels...
>GUARDATV.IT<
>GUARDATV.IT<
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Italian Television
I also live in Florida....DISH costs same pricing as BrightHouse ...I have Super Dish..2 small satellites that never lost power in last two hurricanes except briefly ....20 monthly is the charge for 3 Italian stations Leoworld, RAI Videoamo(music videos) and RAI Uno...I love all 3...and we also get thru that channel 784 Euronews...you can check them at euronews com...add the "dot" of course.
Forgot mention....you also get several RAI music radio stations with that too.
Forgot mention....you also get several RAI music radio stations with that too.
http://valentinoswife.wordpress.com
Researching DiCrocco, Pannozzo Families of Itri, Italy
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... opannozzo/
Researching DiCrocco, Pannozzo Families of Itri, Italy
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... opannozzo/
Re: Italian Television
Hi Tango,
I just recently came across a site that I think is just what you're lookin for. It's http://www.progdvb.com/
It gets you completely free satellite television from almost every conceivable country. I downloaded it last week and it looks like there are around 40 or 50 Italian programming channels, as well as radio channels.
You are required to download a specific media player for this service, but its simple and in no time you are watching international television for free. On the left hand side of the website, under ProgDVB, click download and then pick the file appropriate for your operating system.
Ask me if you've got any trouble getting it to work.
Adam
I just recently came across a site that I think is just what you're lookin for. It's http://www.progdvb.com/
It gets you completely free satellite television from almost every conceivable country. I downloaded it last week and it looks like there are around 40 or 50 Italian programming channels, as well as radio channels.
You are required to download a specific media player for this service, but its simple and in no time you are watching international television for free. On the left hand side of the website, under ProgDVB, click download and then pick the file appropriate for your operating system.
Ask me if you've got any trouble getting it to work.
Adam
Re: Italian Television
GuardaTV is the Italian name for TV Tutti, a Dutch Company based in Amsterdam.
It is free and works great.
It is free and works great.
elba wrote:You could 'try' this site... it says it's free, but you do need to register to see if there are signals to the various channels...
>GUARDATV.IT<
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Italian Television
It is great, however the major private network, Mediaset, is not there!
Re: Italian Television
No real surprise... I can't imagine 'Berla' allowing free access to his three Mediaset channels - Canale 5, Italia 1 and Retequattro. They will almost certainly remain as 'Pay View Channels' on the internet.liviomoreno wrote:It is great, however the major private network, Mediaset, is not there!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
- TangoChaser
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Dec 2008, 14:54
- Location: Florida USA
- Contact:
Re: Italian Television
Thanks for all the great leads!!

