Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
Location: New Jersey, USA

Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by lisagooley »

(I removed my address - but it will be included in the letter)

08 marzo 2008

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Montesarchio
82016 MONTESARCHIO BN
ITALY


Egregi Signori,

Mi chiamo Lisa Gooley, ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco informazioni sul mio nonno, Carminantonio (Carmen Antonio) Russo. Nato nel comune di Montesarchio. Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia, e per trovare i miei parenti rimasti in Italia.

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi l'estratto dell'atto di nascita di Carminantonio (Carmen Antonio) Russo, in carta libera. Nato nel 1891.

(Need to add the following, but the form I used didn't supply an area for this)

His father's name is Tomasso Russo
His mother's name is Cristina Loschi

Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura, e vi prego di addebitarmi tutte le spese postali e dei certificati.

Distinti saluti,

Lisa Gooley
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by BillieDeKid »

lisagooley wrote:mio nonno, Russo Carminantonio figlio di Tomasso e Loschi Cristina.
This is how it should be written, the rest of what you had was fine.

Regards,
elizabeth
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by Biff83 »

Rather than asking for an extract of his birth record, I'd request an integral copy since it will contain additional information.

Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi una copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Carminantonio (Carmen Antonio) Russo, in carta libera. Nato nel 1891.

Edited to add examples of a birth extract and an integral copy
Birth Extract
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2338 ... actht5.jpg

Integral Copy
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/6748 ... inapc0.jpg

Besides giving date of birth and parents' names, the integral copy also gives parents' ages, occupations, time of birth, address where birth took place and witnesses.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by BillieDeKid »

You're right Biff the integral copy is what should be requested!!

Thanks.
Billie (Elizabeth)
User avatar
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by lisagooley »

Thanks to the both of you. Biff - you mentioned that in my other post and I forgot to switch it out when I converted - thanks for catching this and for your help!
User avatar
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite
Posts: 387
Joined: 01 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by Poipuo4 »

I am experiencing some frustration with that, Biff. I always ask for an integral act and several times they still send me an extract. I was even quite clear that I wanted an integral act so I could learn the age and profession of my ancestors. (I said this in Italian, of course).
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
User avatar
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by lisagooley »

Hello Biff ---

I actually received the Integral Act from Montesarchio! Thanks for your help!
User avatar
lisagooley
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 48
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 00:00
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by lisagooley »

Hello Biff ---

I actually received the Integral Act from Montesarchio! Thanks for your help!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by Biff83 »

Great News!

We're glad to have been of help.

Best,
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Help Needed Please: Letter to Montesarchio

Post by lilbees »

Biff,
Tried to look at the integral copy but the image is not available in Image Shack. Possibly the link is broken?

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Post Reply