Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

DJay75 wrote:Hi All,

Very new to this site. I actually just googled Cretin ship 1921 and stumbled upon it. I'm in search for my grandfather's manifest. His name was Leonardo Giuffre (changed to Jeffrey when he came to Toronto).

I think his ship was Cretin April 15th, 1921. He was only 14 when he came and he came by himself. He's from Termini Imerese, Sicily. I'm just in search for the names of my g-grandfather and g-grandmother...
Thanks,
David
No... not the Cretin... :wink: but maybe the Cretic.... :lol:

Maria
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by DJay75 »

haha. thanks Maria. thanks what i meant (typo).
~David
User avatar
mfjp
Master
Master
Posts: 2211
Joined: 13 Aug 2004, 00:00
Contact:

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by mfjp »

Hey, why don't you start a new topic... just for your Giuffre family?

I've a couple of boat records for you... on the S.S. Cretic

You'll get just a bit more attention if you start a new post....

There's lots of good help here!

Maria
User avatar
DJay75
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 00:00

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by DJay75 »

sounds good maria. thanks
DJ
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by jcsm400 »

Hiya DJ,

Welcome to the forum!

I have film information for the town of Termini Imerese...just waiting for your new post to provide.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Maria Fuda Chase
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Apr 2018, 17:16

Re: Polito/Angilletta&Fuda surnames

Post by Maria Fuda Chase »

My Grandfathers Name was Dominick Fuda and he was married to Mary Arcano Fuda who came from Reggio Italy. Dominick lived and died in 1964 in Stamford CT from at least 1921 till his death in 1964.

I'm not sure of his birth year, how many siblings he had, when he came over from Italy, or what port he landed - but I do know he was supposed to work in the coal mines in the blue ridge mountains of west virginia - which he left rapidly to migrate towards the northeast/Stamford

HOWEVER - turns out he had a brother that stayed in west Virginia...thus another large "Fuda clan" populates the blue ridge mountains of west Virginia.

I'm trying to find out what part of Italy my Grandpa (Dominick Fuda) is originally from and if he had any other siblings we don't know about. There are rumors he was an orphan.

My dna test says I'm mostly greek & balkan heritage (very little Italian heritage) - so if anyone has any info on my Grandpa they want to share...
Post Reply